Frostburg University 2020-2021 Cycle

On 7/1/2020 at 11:16 AM, Jaw67PA said:

Thanks so much for doing this! How many students are in your cohort? Also, how do you feel about the program in general? Do you feel the faculty has been supportive and flexible with everything that is happening with COVID? I'm assuming you guys have transitioned to an online format. How is that going?

We have 25 students in the cohort, I believe that is the number they look to get with each cohort. Right now, since everything is going fairly smoothly. According to the program, because we are accredited for face-to-face style, and since Maryland is in a good spot regarding COVID, we’re having in person classes as a trial run for the school. We have temperature checks every morning. We are spaced out in a big lecture space, so we’re not close, we have to go to class with masks on. Our labs are in the spaces that they typically are in, but we work in small groups with only 3-4 other people to work through anatomy lab and patient assessment and diagnosis, and again we’re all wearing masks. But the faculty at this time is trying to load up our labs and the procedures we have to learn in this semester so that if (when) we have to go back online, we wouldn’t have missed anything. 

In terms of the faculty flexibility, they are incredibly receptive to what we think and are very open and honest about everything that’s going on. Dr. Smolko is the absolute bomb! If we ever have a concern with something at a program level, she listens to us, brings it to the faculty and reports back to us with an up front answer and explanation of the feedback. In terms of class specific, each professor has their own style, but they all are incredibly accommodating. All our lectures are recorded and posted on Canvas (like blackboard if you’ve never heard of it) so if you needed to miss because of something, you still have access to the lecture. I’m not quite sure how it would work if some people had to be remote while also having in person because we haven’t run into that issue, but the faculty seems incredibly flexible for what ever may come up. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, bgrif said:

I just received word that I have an interview slot on July 13th! Very excited!

Congrats!! When did you submit and when did you receive your "under full review" email?

4 minutes ago, Jaw67PA said:

Congrats!! When did you submit and when did you receive your "under full review" email?

CASPA verified: June 15th

Frostburg receipt of application/app under full review: June 16th

I already had my GRE scores sent to Frostburg prior to submitting my CASPA app, so I think that helped speed up the process. I sent in my GRE scores around the beginning of May. 

• Like 1

Has anyone from the 7/1 interview heard anything yet ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have yet to hear anything either.

• Like 1

Did anyone hear back from their interview?

Not yet

• Like 1

I was just accepted from the 7/1 interview!

I did as well!

• Like 3

I did as well!

Congrats everyone!!!

• Like 1

I did as well!

Congrats !!

• Like 1

Congrats to everyone that got accepted! Again, feel free to ask me any questions as they pop up! good luck with the rest of your cycle!

Good luck to everyone who still has interviews coming up! it's a long cycle and don't get discouraged!

Congrats to everyone that got accepted! Again, feel free to ask me any questions as they pop up! good luck with the rest of your cycle!

Good luck to everyone who still has interviews coming up! it's a long cycle and don't get discouraged!

How did all of the accepted students connect last year? Was there a Facebook group set up or did the school organize something ?

8 hours ago, aap423 said:

How did all of the accepted students connect last year? Was there a Facebook group set up or did the school organize something ?

At the end of the cycle once we found out who was in our cohort, we created a facebook group, but eventually moved to a Whatsapp group chat. The faculty told us they don't want to do anything with a facebook group with us so it could be a student specific space. 

• Like 1

Anybody hear from the 7/13 interview yet? Based on the email I received, I am pretty certain I am the waitlist. Good news is they revisit our application every interview session, so hopefully good outcomes will come out of the waitlist. Keeping the faith!

Edited by bgrif

Received a phone call earlier today that I was accepted!! (Interviewed 7/1)

Congrats !

• Like 1

Received a phone call earlier today that I was accepted!! (Interviewed 7/1)

Congratulations!

• Like 2

Has anyone had success paying their deposit? I can’t get the link to work. It’s giving me an error saying I don’t have the right credentials...

Has anyone had success paying their deposit? I can’t get the link to work. It’s giving me an error saying I don’t have the right credentials...

I had a similar issue, I would email Wendy Wilson at graduate services and she’s able to give you a way to get to pay the deposit through the Frostburg website. There should be an email for graduate services on your offer letter

• Like 1

I had a similar issue, I would email Wendy Wilson at graduate services and she’s able to give you a way to get to pay the deposit through the Frostburg website. There should be an email for graduate services on your offer letter

Thank you!