Frostburg University 2020-2021 Cycle

Has anyone received an email confirming receipt of application? I applied last week and have not received any email

I received an email one day after submitting (I think). But I applied on the 13th. Maybe they are receiving lots of apps now.

Submitted and verified 5/28...for some reason my GRE scores were never received by Frostburg CASPA, but all my other schools had appeared in my CASPA. Did anyone else have this same issue? I emailed them just to confirm they have them

Submitted and verified 5/28...for some reason my GRE scores were never received by Frostburg CASPA, but all my other schools had appeared in my CASPA. Did anyone else have this same issue? I emailed them just to confirm they have them

I know mine aren’t listed on CASPA but I received a confirmation email from Frostburg saying everything is in and that “my application meets the requirements for review”.

7 hours ago, atoy1 said:

I know mine aren’t listed on CASPA but I received a confirmation email from Frostburg saying everything is in and that “my application meets the requirements for review”.

I received that email a couple hours ago, and that my application had moved to the next Phase, so I’m assuming that means they received the scores as well. Thanks !

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, zdudley said:

Just received interview invite for July 1st!

Hi aap423 & zdudley! Congrats on the interviews! Would you mind sharing your stats? (of course you don't have to - no pressure!)

Thanks & congrats again!

Hi aap423 & zdudley! Congrats on the interviews! Would you mind sharing your stats? (of course you don't have to - no pressure!) Thanks & congrats again! 

GRE: Verbal 76th percentile, Quant 54% Analytical 98th percentile

3.23 science, 3.3 cum. 2000 hours+ scribe and EMT, plus publication. Also have a job as an Ortho Tech in the same orthopedic clinic I scribed at removing sutures, casting, splinting, etc. but was furloughed cause of COVID, so took 911 position as EMT in Baltimore City, and was also redeployed to ER at local hospital to help treat COVID patients. Letters of rec from 3 physicians who I scribed for, as well as orgo chem Professor, and 5th letter from EMT ops director that I worked for. Volunteer experience through my local fire department. l also had 3000+ hours of EKG tech, however, i don’t know if programs consider that as patient care hours rather than “healthcare experience”. Also shadowed Ortho surgeon in OR.

Also a MD resident

Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Set83 said:

Hi aap423 & zdudley! Congrats on the interviews! Would you mind sharing your stats? (of course you don't have to - no pressure!)

Thanks & congrats again!

Sure. cGPA 3.2, sGPA 3.1, (significant upward trend last 60 credits), GRE 319, 6,000 HCE hours as EMT/ER Scribe. I also meet nearly all of this program's preferences (Western MD resident, medically underserved area, etc). 

• Like 2

Congrats on the interviews!!! Wishing you both the best of luck! Can I ask when you submitted your applications?

5/28

• Like 1

On 5/29/2020 at 8:11 AM, aap423 said:

Same here. I emailed them and they said they were working with CASPA to fix this! As long as you sent your scores to the code listed on Frostburg's website, you are good to go!

On 6/17/2020 at 11:43 AM, zdudley said:

Just received interview invite for July 1st!

Have you heard anything on the format of the interview or what to expect? Kinda flying blind here for next week. 

I have not heard anything about the interview. Did you receive instructions to complete a supplemental application? On the program's Admission Requirements page it says "Those students who are invited to an interview will be asked to submit a supplemental application. Instructions for completing the supplemental application will be provided with your invitation for interview." I received the email to confirm my interview attendance, but didn't receive any instructions for a supplemental application. Just wanted to make sure I didn't miss something.

No, when I as confirmed for interview attendance all I was told was that they would speak to me on the 1st and that it was from 9-12. Nothing about a supplemental application or instructions on how to attend the interview virtually. Last years forum stated there was a panel interview in addition to 1on1 interviews, so I’m preparing that way.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, aap423 said:

No, when I as confirmed for interview attendance all I was told was that they would speak to me on the 1st and that it was from 9-12. Nothing about a supplemental application or instructions on how to attend the interview virtually. Last years forum stated there was a panel interview in addition to 1on1 interviews, so I’m preparing that way.

Ok cool, I received the same confirmation email. Thanks for letting me know about last year's forum, if I find anything else out about the interview I'll be sure to let you know. 

• Like 1

Ok cool, I received the same confirmation email. Thanks for letting me know about last year's forum, if I find anything else out about the interview I'll be sure to let you know. 

I received something just now with the zoom link!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, aap423 said:

I revived something just now with the zoom link!

Same here, now all that is left is to count down for these next 6 days. Best of luck!!

• Like 1

Received the email that my application was moved to Phase II on 05/27 and nothing since. Good luck to you all interviewing soon.

Hey everyone!

Just as a heads up, I am a current student here at Frostburg State PA program! We're halfway through our first semester of didactic year. If you guys have any questions, feel free to ask on this board or send me a private message, I'd love to help out! 

Last year during interviews, interacting with the students really helped me make my decision and you guys unfortunately don't get to have that this year, so I'd love to be able to pass that along to you guys as best as possible!

• Like 5

3 hours ago, scc27 said:

Hey everyone!

Just as a heads up, I am a current student here at Frostburg State PA program! We're halfway through our first semester of didactic year. If you guys have any questions, feel free to ask on this board or send me a private message, I'd love to help out! 

Last year during interviews, interacting with the students really helped me make my decision and you guys unfortunately don't get to have that this year, so I'd love to be able to pass that along to you guys as best as possible!

Thanks so much for doing this! How many students are in your cohort? Also, how do you feel about the program in general? Do you feel the faculty has been supportive and flexible with everything that is happening with COVID? I'm assuming you guys have transitioned to an online format. How is that going?