2020-2021 UNE Application Cycle

Hey all, current 2nd year here, thought I would offer up some info.

• Interviews (and pre-interview socials) are being held on zoom this year
  • Cohorts have typically been 50 students
  • The Primary Care Selective is your 2nd family med rotation and you can rank your preferences (general family med, geriatrics, women's health, or peds)- and they try to make it work
  • Examples of the Inpatient Selective have been Cardiology, Pulmonology, SICU, or CCU

I run the program's IG account (@une_pa) with our 1st year Class Historian- feel free to give us a follow there and let me know about content you'd like to see!

Best of luck to everyone!

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, lyamagata said:

Hey all, current 2nd year here, thought I would offer up some info.

• Interviews (and pre-interview socials) are being held on zoom this year
  • Cohorts have typically been 50 students
  • The Primary Care Selective is your 2nd family med rotation and you can rank your preferences (general family med, geriatrics, women's health, or peds)- and they try to make it work
  • Examples of the Inpatient Selective have been Cardiology, Pulmonology, SICU, or CCU

I run the program's IG account (@une_pa) with our 1st year Class Historian- feel free to give us a follow there and let me know about content you'd like to see!

Best of luck to everyone!

Thank you so much for the info! I was curious about the selective rotations.

4 hours ago, januele22 said:

Hi everyone! I was wondering if anyone knew how many rounds of interviews they plan on having? I received confirmation that my pre-reqs were reviewed on 6/08 and hoping to hear back in regards to an interview! Keeping positive with all the silence!

Right there with you! Keeping my fingers crossed... Best of luck & hopefully we'll get some great news here soon!

Typically UNE will conduct a round of interviews, accept (reject, and/or waitlist?) a number of applicants with two weeks of the interview date, and then schedule a subsequent round of interviews.  This process is repeated until all seats in the program have been filled.  Interviews have continued through November and December in prior years.  I interviewed on 9/18. One week later, I am anxiously awaiting the program’s decision. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Received an interview invite today! Finally hearing back from schools. Can any students comment about the cadaver lab/learning at UNE? Do PAs dissect?

Also, where is it typical for rotations to be held (Portland, etc)? Do students get a good variety of inpatient rotations? How about academic medical centers?

Maine seems like a great state to practice in as a PA. I’m excited for the next steps.