2020-2021 LHU Application Cycle

1 hour ago, constantlyeating said:

Hello, does anyone know the format of the interview? It doesn't say in the email, so would we assume it is traditional as opposed to MMI, group, etc?

From what I know it is a 1 on 1 interview with a faculty member. I have friend who have interviewed in the past who mentioned the essay and test but on the powe point they sent out it only mentioned the essay and no test. i am excited but not exactly sure what to expect. 

• Like 1

On 8/1/2020 at 9:12 AM, femeredith said:

How do they decide who goes to what campus since there's so many satellite campuses? & does anyone know how many students are selected at each of the campuses individually?

From what I researched, I believe they take 36 for the Lock Haven campus and 12 each for the 3 satellite campuses.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, femeredith said:

Anyone know if this school is holistic or know averages from recent class? The PA Manual said sGPA of a 3.4 but that was for class of 2014 which is outdated ... 

Anyone also know if they prefer only pennsylvania students?

I am obviously only speaking from what i have heard but I know they're definitely open to out of state students. In state students do get a slight bump though as LHU wants to produce graduate who will stay and practice in Pennsylvania, specifically in the more underserved areas. For the most recent class, the average gpa was around 3.53. However, I do believe they are more holistic than most as they do not have a specific healthcare requirement.

• Like 1

Hello, it states that their start date is in the beginning of May in the interview powerpoint they sent me with my interview invite. I am going into my senior year and will be graduating around May 20th. Does this affect me?

I’d say yes, people graduating in 2021 are usually only able to go to programs that start at the earliest in June being that your degree needs to be confirmed to actually “qualify” to start a graduate program. I would reach out to LHU just to be certain but from my experience, that is what I have heard and seen!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello, it states that their start date is in the beginning of May in the interview powerpoint they sent me with my interview invite. I am going into my senior year and will be graduating around May 20th. Does this affect me?

I’m in the same boat! I graduate early May of next year, does anyone know the specific start date of the program?

17 minutes ago, nsbiosands said:

I’m in the same boat! I graduate early May of next year, does anyone know the specific start date of the program?

I reached out to them and they begin around the 3rd week of May and when I explained my situation, they said that they are aware several students might encounter that issue so they will accommodate according, which is relieving to hear. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, MOO2018 said:

Got an interview on 8/19! Has anyone gotten anymore information about the school sent to them? They were supposed to send a video tour of the school I think. I haven't received anymore information about the interview day and it's in a week!

Still waiting for that email as well..Hopefully it comes soon lol

3 minutes ago, PrePALife0987 said:

Also, do you first get an interview at Lock Haven and is that the main campus? And then do they individually place you in one of the four programs? Does anyone know how it works?

You can choose the campus that you wish to go to so long as there are seats available upon getting accepted. Each campus' curriculum is identical, only the location and class sizes are different.