South University -Tampa January 2021

23 hours ago, greenhk said:

Hi guys!  I just received am interview invite as well! I was wondering if anyone had completed their background check yet, or is waiting until after their interview? Thanks!!

Hey, yeah I started completing the checklist! Seems like a lot but I would get it done before the interview if you can. That way they can feel more confident when offering you a seat!

23 hours ago, Mikkkk said:

For those who have received interviews would you mind sharing your stats? Congratulations to all of you!!!:)

Biomed major, minors in Chemistry and Leadership

GPA: overall- 3.43, BCP-3.36, Science- 3.38

PCE: 2,170 hours as CNA

HCE/Volunteering: like 250 hours

Research: 512 hours

Shadowing: 104 hours

GRE: 307

I am also a reapplicant and applied much earlier this year.

Hope that helps! Good luck 🙂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Supernovogirl said:

Hey, yeah I started completing the checklist! Seems like a lot but I would get it done before the interview if you can. That way they can feel more confident when offering you a seat!

hey! i just got offered an interview today. could you explain where you found info about the background check?

23 minutes ago, Supernovogirl said:

you should receive an email with the details! Congrats!

Thank you! About how long did it take for you to get the email? Sometimes my emails go to peoples spam boxes so I just want to make sure they got my email confirming I want the interview so just looking for a general timeframe. 

On 7/18/2020 at 8:01 AM, giraffeisme said:

Hey all! So it seems our virtual interview is a group interview - anyone have any experience with this? Will we have any 1:1 time with the admissions committee?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had an interview on Thursday and it was only 1:1 interviews, 3 ten minute interviews. 

On 7/14/2020 at 2:26 PM, Mikkkk said:

For those who have received interviews would you mind sharing your stats? Congratulations to all of you!!!:)

Overall GPA: 3.75 (undergrad and graduate)

sGPA: 3.33

GRE: 311 (150 qual, 157 quant, 4 writing)

HCE: 5,000+ hours (scribe for 3 years FT + unit coordinator for 2 year PT)

PCE: ~300 hours (Patient Care Tech in the ER)

Volunteer: ~200 (volunteer weekly with Big Brother Big Sister)

I, however, still have yet to receive my checklist but I was invited for an interview over 3 weeks ago but there was a mix-up with my interview date so I'm not sure if that has something to do with it....? But I havent been sent any details on what program I need to download for my interview Thursday at 0730 CST. Kind of freaking out. 

4 hours ago, giraffeisme said:

Oh really?! Thank you!
Was is traditional, behavioral, MMI?

I'd say pretty traditional. I'm trying to think back to the questions that were asked and can't think of anything out of the ordinary. But who's to say they won't switch up questions anyways. Also, you'll need to take care of Castlebranch, as the sooner you take care of that the sooner they will let you know if you've been accepted. Apparently you can't be accepted until that's completed.  

I'd say pretty traditional. I'm trying to think back to the questions that were asked and can't think of anything out of the ordinary. But who's to say they won't switch up questions anyways. Also, you'll need to take care of Castlebranch, as the sooner you take care of that the sooner they will let you know if you've been accepted. Apparently you can't be accepted until that's completed.  

You’re amazing, thank you so much for the help and info! Completed castlebranch this AM.

GOOD LUCK [emoji851]

On 7/14/2020 at 3:26 PM, Mikkkk said:

Thank you so much! My stats were as follows:

cumulative gpa : 3.71

science gpa : 3.68

patient care experience : around 1000 hours as a PCA and CNA

research experience : around 100 hours 

GRE : 306

hope this helps! 🙂

7 hours ago, jladner89 said:

I had an interview on Thursday and it was only 1:1 interviews, 3 ten minute interviews. 

If you don't mind sharing, what was the rest of the interview time used for? I was wondering if they used the rest of the 3 hours to go over information about the school / program? Thanks!

• Like 1

On 7/15/2020 at 3:22 PM, Supernovogirl said:

awesome I started it the other day, thanks for the info!

Did anyone else have a discrepancy in the date they confirmed for their interview and the date given in the email update? I confirmed for July 30th but I am just now realizing my email update said I was confirmed for August 6th. I already emailed the program I'm just curious if anyone else had the same issue? 

52 minutes ago, Maddie97337 said:

Did anyone else have a discrepancy in the date they confirmed for their interview and the date given in the email update? I confirmed for July 30th but I am just now realizing my email update said I was confirmed for August 6th. I already emailed the program I'm just curious if anyone else had the same issue? 

Yes, I did! I got an email 6/29 asking me to choose between 7/23 and 7/30. I replied within 2 hours stating I would prefer the 23rd (I found someone to cover my shift at work quickly) then they emailed me saying it wasnt available so I said I could do the 30th, then they replied saying that I was actually scheduled for the 23rd but thats the last I heard. My interview is in 3 days and everyone is talking about this checklist but I dont even have the details for my interview. 😞

Hey I was wondering if you paid for the drug test screening out of pocket as well? Im making an appointment and do not know which option to pick. I didn't expect all this castle branch stuff to be over $200 

I was under the impression it was already covered in the 159 cost? They give us a lab Corp form to download, which I believe will cover the cost

19 hours ago, ceo1218 said:

Hey I was wondering if you paid for the drug test screening out of pocket as well? Im making an appointment and do not know which option to pick. I didn't expect all this castle branch stuff to be over $200 

I'm in state and it was the baseline $159 through Castelbranch. I'm not sure if there are additional costs if you are out of state. When I made an appointment online with Labcorp I picked the drug test option and that was fine. Printed out the form and gave it to them when I took the test and I was good to go. 

On 7/20/2020 at 2:22 PM, greenhk said:

If you don't mind sharing, what was the rest of the interview time used for? I was wondering if they used the rest of the 3 hours to go over information about the school / program? Thanks!

That's pretty much exactly what it was. A few presentations about staff, their program and a video tour of campus. Overall it took 4 hours.