South University -Tampa January 2021

5 minutes ago, Shaiada94 said:

Congrats to everyone that got accepted. I interviewed 07/23 and got accepted 09/25. Does anyone know when class starts? Is it the first week of January or the second week?

They haven’t announced anything yet. They said they will let us know soon!

On 10/6/2020 at 11:26 AM, sel39 said:

Does anyone who is familiar with the area know of places to live and/or areas to avoid? Or maybe if there’s an apartment complex that a lot of students live in?

Wondering the same thing! I remember the student during the Q&A part of the interview mentioning an apartment complex that a lot of student live in, but can't remember the name.

Some areas around there can be a bit rough especially in the lower price range. Tiffany mentioned some places in the Facebook page for those already accepted. Closer to USF campus has some nice and cheap housing it's only 15 to 20 mins away. Some nice places in South Tampa but I'm not sure how affordable. 

I was accepted 10/1, replied to accept my seat 10/2,  and got the welcome email shortly after. Then mailed in my security deposit and emailed my acceptance agreement on 10/7 but I still have not gotten a reply from Tiffany with confirmation. It’s now 10/12 and the deadline I believe in 10/16. Should I follow up, or did it take you guys a few days to receive the next email after you sent in the acceptance agreement? Maybe she will not send me the next steps until my check is actually received 

10 minutes ago, sel39 said:

I was accepted 10/1, replied to accept my seat 10/2,  and got the welcome email shortly after. Then mailed in my security deposit and emailed my acceptance agreement on 10/7 but I still have not gotten a reply from Tiffany with confirmation. It’s now 10/12 and the deadline I believe in 10/16. Should I follow up, or did it take you guys a few days to receive the next email after you sent in the acceptance agreement? Maybe she will not send me the next steps until my check is actually received 

It took them almost a month to get back to me about mine!

3 hours ago, sel39 said:

I sent my priority mail so I could track it. After it said delivered, I sent Tiffany an email and she confirmed she received my check the same day. I'd email her to check, at least she'll know to look out for it. 

On 10/12/2020 at 9:31 AM, DavisE said:

It took them almost a month to get back to me about mine!

Wow! I’m starting to get nervous actually. I emailed Tiffany again on Monday and she didn’t reply. I gave up my seat at another program to go to South Tampa, and the deadline to submit the check/agreement is on friday. And now I’m worried that I haven’t received confirmation from them and something is going to go wrong 

27 minutes ago, sel39 said:

Wow! I’m starting to get nervous actually. I emailed Tiffany again on Monday and she didn’t reply. I gave up my seat at another program to go to South Tampa, and the deadline to submit the check/agreement is on friday. And now I’m worried that I haven’t received confirmation from them and something is going to go wrong 

You’ve done everything you can. You’ll be fine! I know with Amanda being out Tiffany has been swamped! So I understand.. but I think you’ll be okay! Did you put tracking on it when you sent it?

1 hour ago, DavisE said:

You’ve done everything you can. You’ll be fine! I know with Amanda being out Tiffany has been swamped! So I understand.. but I think you’ll be okay! Did you put tracking on it when you sent it?

No I didn’t but now I wish I did. Since I sent it out almost 10 days in advance I thought I’d be fine. Lesson learned!

thanks for the reassurance 🙂