South University -Tampa January 2021

Guest wildalaska

CASPA verified May 8th, application sent to South on May 14th, received an email from South stating they received my application on May 18th.

I took the CASPer on May 7th and it shows my scores have been delivered to my chosen programs, but I received an email from South today, May 27th, telling me all applicants are required to take the CASPer and send the results to South.

Anyone else already take the CASPer and get this email?

1 hour ago, wildalaska said:

CASPA verified May 8th, application sent to South on May 14th, received an email from South stating they received my application on May 18th.

I took the CASPer on May 7th and it shows my scores have been delivered to my chosen programs, but I received an email from South today, May 27th, telling me all applicants are required to take the CASPer and send the results to South.

Anyone else already take the CASPer and get this email?

I also got that email and I already took the CASPer and had my scores delivered. I'm thinking it was just an automated email. 

Guest wildalaska
58 minutes ago, ReedRoberts said:

I also got that email and I already took the CASPer and had my scores delivered. I'm thinking it was just an automated email. 

Cool, I got that feeling but wanted to check around. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys! 

I was looking through their admissions criteria for direct patient care experience and I noticed one of the criteria is “license required for patient care.” 

I have worked as a medical assistant in Georgia for 3 years now, but national certification/license isn’t required in the state of Georgia. 

I tried emailing admissions but haven’t heard from them yet haha. 😅 I’m thinking I’ll have to fill out their PA Program Petition form. Has anyone been in a similar situation? 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest wildalaska

Just got an email for an interview invite!! I'm actually interviewing (virtually) for the Savannah campus next week, so this is exciting as well. I know I can't be accepted to both, but if the one next week doesn't go well, I'll have time to learn and practice haha!

I applied and was verified on May 14th.

Stats:

cGPA: 3.11

sGPA: 3.54

PCE: 8000+ hours as an Army medic, medical assistant and endoscopy technician

GRE: 314 (158 verbal, 156 quantitative, 4.5 writing)

Volunteer: 50+ hours for my city's Parks Department

Guest wildalaska
3 minutes ago, eluch15 said:

Does anyone know if you have to send your GRE scores to the Tampa campus separately if you already applied to the GA campus? 

Yes you do, they each have their own GRE school code! I applied to both of those campuses as well.

Edited by wildalaska

1 hour ago, giraffeisme said:

Congrats!!
When did u submit/take CASPER?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't take CASPer until the day after I was offered an interview June 28th. I am assuming it automatically submitted but I have not heard anything back about it yet. 

Hi everyone! I got an interview invite for South - Tampa yesterday! Set up my interview for August 6th. Super excited.

Also got an interview invite from the West Palm campus a while back but not feeling great about the fact they are not fully accredited yet.

Anyways, if anyone has interviewed, can you tell us how it went? Good luck everyone!

Edited by Supernovogirl