2020-2021 Application Cycle

12 hours ago, kayburt27 said:

I just noticed that WF is doing interviews virtually. Interesting! Just wanted to share!

Im still waiting for my supplemental. Hopeful I receive it soon!

This may be a stupid question but where did you see that they are now doing virtual interviews?

On 6/20/2020 at 6:39 PM, PA2be16 said:

Might be a nit-picky question, but for the diversity question, did you all just define diversity in your own words, or provide an official definition? I assume there is no right or wrong, but just wanted to check. Thanks!

Personally, I defined it in my own words but thoroughly researched the meaning to obtain a better understanding. Hope this helps a bit

I just got my supplemental application today (2pm). I just submitted it today, same day (7pm). I got an email confirming that my application is in line for review! Super excited!!

6/4 CASPer test taken.

6/17 CASPA submitted. 
6/18 CASPA verified. And CASPer results sent/received. 
6/24 received supplemental application. 
6/24 submitted supplemental application. 
6/24 received email confirmation and app in line for review.

I will update if I hear anything else!!

CASPer taken 06/04/2020

GRE taken 06/05/2020, results received 06/17/2020

CASPA submitted 6/07/2020, verified 06/11/2020

Supplemental invite 06/11/2020

Submitted supplemental today 06/25/2020

good luck everyone!! : )

Edited by Guest

3 hours ago, lg215 said:

I'm really struggling with the essays for this supplemental application! Received the supplemental on 6/23 and I'm hoping to finish by tonight.

Has anyone received any interview invites yet?

I haven’t gotten any interview invites yet. But, I worked on the supplemental for like 5 hours straight.  It was tough. Try to brainstorm on a separate sheet of paper about ideas you can use and then add details in after you get main topics figured out. You can do this!!

• Like 1

I just wanted to share my stats! I find it comforting to share and hear about other peoples' backgrounds!

I am a first time applicant to PA school. Graduating this December. 

I am 21 years old. Turn 22 on July, 16th haha.

cGPA 3.83

sGPA 3.79

HCE: 2500 hours as pharmacy tech

PCE: 1400 hours as CNA

GRE 298 (I was VERY sick taking the GRE. MIGHT retake.) I found the GRE really difficult for me. I am shocked, too, because I usually do well with standardized testing!

Feel free to share yours! I know it’s comforting for me to hear and share stats!  Good luck everyone!

hey everyone i just have a quick question and wanted to see if other people had this experience. 

for the biochem and gen chem pre preqs, my lecture and lab courses are separate. my lecture is 3 credits and my lab is one. how should i go about entering this on the supplemental? i emailed wake but didnt hear back. so not sure if i should put 4 credits and then put my lecture grade and just answer yes for lab? thanks!! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just submitted my application yesterday (7/29) and receiving a supplemental application today! Any ideas on what type of professional photo to use for the application? I'm debating on whether I should arrange for headshots over the next few days or use a professional photo from a recent family photography session with my husband and children! Any insight?

On 7/30/2020 at 8:24 PM, sawood said:

I just submitted my application yesterday (7/29) and receiving a supplemental application today! Any ideas on what type of professional photo to use for the application? I'm debating on whether I should arrange for headshots over the next few days or use a professional photo from a recent family photography session with my husband and children! Any insight?

One where you are the only person in the photo! As long as you dress professionally and have a blank background. someone could take it with their phone, just make sure there is ample lighting! 

On 8/12/2020 at 9:48 AM, CharlesBSun said:

Nothing over here. But I also submitted pretty recently (8/5).

EDIT: Just heard back today, 8/14, with a rejection unfortunately. 😕 

Good luck to everyone else!

Sorry to hear : ( Good luck on all of your other apps! 

Is it possible your app was rejected soon after your submission date due to requirements? I submitted my secondary app June 25th and have not heard back from them. From what I can look up from this forum and Facebook, doesn't look like anyone else has really heard back either. Your post was the first I've seen regarding admissions!

On 8/16/2020 at 3:55 PM, oxyjen said:

Sorry to hear : ( Good luck on all of your other apps! 

Is it possible your app was rejected soon after your submission date due to requirements? I submitted my secondary app June 25th and have not heard back from them. From what I can look up from this forum and Facebook, doesn't look like anyone else has really heard back either. Your post was the first I've seen regarding admissions!

I won't say it's out of the question! But the requirements are fairly similar to Emory and I got an invite there so I'm not quite sure! 

Thank you and good luck to all of you as well!

Edited by CharlesBSun