2020-2021 Application Cycle

Submitted my application yesterday after my last LOR came in! Oh such relief! 😅

I'm a re-applicant this year and was hoping to get it in ASAP. Also to those wondering about the CASPer and if you need to take it before the supplemental app: you don't have to take it until December! I had an interview last year in November without having taken the CASPer yet and they were too worried about it. Good luck everyone! 🤗

On 5/26/2020 at 10:45 AM, MKatzer20 said:

Hey everyone! Do you know if we can submit our application with less than 1,000 hours of PCE and then update them with our new hours before the deadline?

Yes you can! I submitted last year with around 800 or so and got an interview!

I received my supplemental today! This may be a dumb question but they want a professional/passport style photo. Does that mean we can not smile? I assume they want it passport size. Are you guys going somewhere to have the photo taken or having someone take it for you from home? 

15 hours ago, papichuloman said:

Is everyone writing towards the character limit of 2000 for each essay question?

Wanted to get an idea of how much people were writing!

One of my responses is right at the limit, but the other four are anywhere between 1200-1600 characters!

• Like 1

Just submitted my CASPA application! Wake Forest is my dream, honestly. So excited! Ill update and repost throughout my process and timeline of events! 

I took my CASPer test on June 4th, 2020. I believe they said it takes 2-3 weeks to distribute the score. Have not heard anything yet from CASPer (which is expected). Will let everyone know!

I was wondering what everyone else's stats look like? I would be happy to post mine if anyone is curious!

Good luck everyone!

Edited by kayburt27

On 6/18/2020 at 7:28 AM, kayburt27 said:

Update! Submitted my CASPA 6/17 and has now been verified the next day, today (6/18). Now I just wait for the supplemental. I am still deciding if I am going to have my "headshot" taking professionally or with a nice camera of my friends. Ill keep everyone updated!

Good luck!

Hi!

I had my headshot taken by a semi-professional photographer for $20. They did all the editing and found a professional backdrop which to me was worth the price. I do think you could get away with having a friend take it with a good camera. While you should look professional, the main purpose of the photo is for interviews. They give you stickers with your name and photo and stick them on your interview forms. Probably so they can put a name to face after the interview is over. Hope this is helpful 🙂

• Like 1

23 hours ago, secondroundbestround said:

Submitted CASPA 05/17 and finally got supplemental in today 06/18. What a beast of a supplemental! Good luck everyone! Anyone else a second time applicant to Wake?

Me! 

I was put on the active applicant list last year after interviewing!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BJT22 said:

Hi!

I had my headshot taken by a semi-professional photographer for $20. They did all the editing and found a professional backdrop which to me was worth the price. I do think you could get away with having a friend take it with a good camera. While you should look professional, the main purpose of the photo is for interviews. They give you stickers with your name and photo and stick them on your interview forms. Probably so they can put a name to face after the interview is over. Hope this is helpful 🙂

Awesome! Update: I just had my Headshots taken today! I had them done professionally. Thank you for commenting!

On 6/20/2020 at 8:26 AM, secondroundbestround said:

What does that status entail? Did you enjoy your interview?? 

LOVED the interview. By far the best, most welcoming interview I went to (I only had a few though). They give you every opportunity to show who you are as a person and as a student, I felt they genuinely wanted to get to know the applicants. It was a long day, including lunch, but I really enjoyed it. As much as you can enjoy an interview haha. 

As for the active applicant list. It is different than a traditional "waitlist" in that you can be put on the active applicant list when there are still spots available in the program. Every time they interview and new batch of applicants, they also review the active applicant list and start to pull people from it. They let you know your status on the list after interviews are over. I was in the top third went interviews ended.

Hope this is helpful!

• Upvote 1