Butler University DMS Class of 2022

I didn’t think this belonged in the school page and was more appropriate for the doctorate area. 

I’ll be starting Butler University DMS soon. Was wondering if we had any fellow users that had started or will be starting soon. 

I’m also accepting words of encouragement because I’ve signed up for double the full time course load to get this all in before my GI bill runs out.

2 doctoral courses at once while working full time is a serious load. It is doable, but challenging. Time management is critical. keep up with reading and outline assignments and create benchmarks( I will have the outline written by friday, I will have 5 pages done by the next tuesday, etc). You've got this. 

• Like 1

On 5/12/2020 at 10:50 AM, EMEDPA said:

2 doctoral courses at once while working full time is a serious load. It is doable, but challenging. Time management is critical. keep up with reading and outline assignments and create benchmarks( I will have the outline written by friday, I will have 5 pages done by the next tuesday, etc). You've got this. 

I wish it was two courses! I've signed up for double the full time course load. I almost signed up for 6 classes, but pulled back to 5.  It's going to be a busy fall. Fortunately it's broken into 2 sessions, so it will be faster paced but I won't be splitting my attention as much. 

I put Biochem with pulmonology, which I know the latter pretty well from my anesthesia days. I put rheum, probably my worst subject because I think it's all voodoo, with cardiology that I also know pretty well along with Aging, which I hope is a relatively easier course.

We'll see the difficulty after this semester and I'll start a blog post here about it. 

Capture.PNG

• Like 3

I wish it was two courses! I've signed up for double the full time course load. I almost signed up for 6 classes, but pulled back to 5.  It's going to be a busy fall. Fortunately it's broken into 2 sessions, so it will be faster paced but I won't be splitting my attention as much. 
I put Biochem with pulmonology, which I know the latter pretty well from my anesthesia days. I put rheum, probably my worst subject because I think it's all voodoo, with cardiology that I also know pretty well along with Aging, which I hope is a relatively easier course.
We'll see the difficulty after this semester and I'll start a blog post here about it. 
Capture.thumb.PNG.56f004ca4539e0d89ac96b7a02f445f2.PNG

Nice! We will have a couple classes together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Looking forward to the blog posting.  Finished up my master's bridge and am now bored.  Trying to figure the next economically feasible step!  Good luck my friend.

• Like 1

What purpose does the DMS serve?  What will you be able to do with this in the future?

I am doing it purely for personal gain and satisfaction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, MCrun2 said:

What purpose does the DMS serve?  What will you be able to do with this in the future?

Degree demonstrating clinical knowledge, pursues admin positions competitively against others with doctorate degrees, academia, add another bullet point for why I deserve a salary increase, increase the competitiveness of my application if I ever change jobs, meet the current degree standard for health care (pharmacy, DNP, DPT, OT, optometry, audiology, and more all have doctorates) future proofing.