2020-2021 Application Cycle

5 hours ago, Corgboy said:

I haven’t heard anything yet either. Does that mean they haven’t made a decision yet?

that's what I'm assuming... they said to anticipate on hearing back before thanksgiving, and it's almost thanksgiving. I saw that some people heard back who were accepted already from that interview day, and I also heard that schools generally send their rejection letters at the same time so I'm trying to mentally prepare myself lol. But I'm also trying to remain optimistic at the same time!

I will be withdrawing my acceptance that I received on 10/12 as I was luckily accepted to a program closer to home. MWU seemed like an amazing program with great faculty but coming from the west coast, I felt that being able to attend a program closer to home would be more beneficial for me. Best of luck to everyone, I am excited for whomever gets my spot, and I hope the rest of the cycle goes great for all of you!

Edited by PhantomOpera

I was shocked to open up my email and find an interview invite since I checked here back in September and they sent interview invites . Here's the problem I already have an interview invite for December 7th with Red Rocks Community College in Colorado. If I choose December 14th, do I risk them filling up their class or should i try to change my RRCC to December 10th. 

Edit: Update I reschedule my RRCC interview to December 8th during my spanish final and just emailed my professor to take the exam at an early date so I will be interviewing on December 7th. Any suggestions on what I should prepare for my flipgrid. It's so unusual but I'm lucky because we've been using it all semester long in my Spanish class. 

Edited by Christine616
  • Like 1

Hello! I have an interview on Monday 11/30. I was just wondering, for the flip grid activity, are we expected to speak on the spot or are we allowed to read what we prepare in the 30 minutes that they give us? I'm kind of worried I won't be able to speak on the spot for 5 minutes staring into a camera. Thanks! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fareeha said:

Hello! I have an interview on Monday 11/30. I was just wondering, for the flip grid activity, are we expected to speak on the spot or are we allowed to read what we prepare in the 30 minutes that they give us? I'm kind of worried I won't be able to speak on the spot for 5 minutes staring into a camera. Thanks! 

i'm sure you can read what you prepare! i personally did not, but thats just because i know i would sound robotic if i were to just read off of a screen or something. i memorized the main points of what i wanted to say in the days i had before the interview and found that worked really well for me when i was presented with the activity. you can also edit and re-film multiple times 🙂

• Like 2

On 11/28/2020 at 4:18 PM, Fareeha said:

Hi there! Hope your interview went well!!:) I have an interview scheduled for 12/14. Did everything go smoothly for you? I had similar concerns when I read about the 5 minute video recording.

2 hours ago, Lynn11 said:

Has anyone from the 10/26 interview heard anything yet? 

Nope! Still waiting. Fingers crossed we hear back this week or next week! The anticipation is killing me. I keep checking my portal to see if anything has changed 😂

Edited by MPaz521

On 11/30/2020 at 3:35 PM, Anna33 said:

Hi there! Hope your interview went well!!:) I have an interview scheduled for 12/14. Did everything go smoothly for you? I had similar concerns when I read about the 5 minute video recording.

Hey! Yes the interview went smoothly. I ended up just practicing beforehand on flipgrid so I was comfortable with it the day of. Highly suggest you do the same, good luck! 

• Like 1