2020-2021 Application Cycle

On 10/5/2020 at 11:55 AM, FuturePA1223 said:

has anyone tried sending an email to request a status update? I know when I called the admissions office the automatic message said they don't give status updates over the phone but can email a status update if needed.

Hi, I did a few weeks ago! I applied and got verified early June and still hadn’t heard anything back so I sent an email wondering if there was any updates. They said my application is still under consideration and they will email me when they’ve made a decision! I think that’s their standard response so as hard as it is, I think we just have to keep waiting until they contact us. Good luck!!

• Like 1

On 10/27/2020 at 10:18 PM, AliceT5 said:

congratulations! can i ask when you took your casper?

Thank you! I took casper on June 28th!

On 10/29/2020 at 11:19 AM, greentigers10 said:

Congrats! How did you receive the acceptance? Do you mind sharing your stats?

Thank you! They called me first (but I was at work so I couldn't pick up), and then emailed me! Sure, at the time of applying my stats were:

cGPA ~ 3.68

sGPA ~ 3.66

PCE ~ 1100

HCE ~ 200

Leadership ~ 1300

Research ~ 700

Shadowing ~ 450

Volunteer ~ 250

Let me know if you have any more questions!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BZaspiringPA said:

I still haven’t heard back from the 9/14 interview, is now a good time to ask for an update on my application? I believe they said it would take 4-6 weeks to hear back so I’m kinda stressing out!

I also interviewed on 9/14 and may have an update for you. I emailed last Friday Amy about this very thing last week since it had been over six weeks since the preview/interview day. She candidly told me that the admissions committee hadn’t decided upon my application, but that the committee was meeting in the next week and half and she was hoping to be able to communicate a decision to me soon after that. So long story short: I’m hoping to get some kind of clear update by the end of next week.

Honestly, I don’t feel super optimistic about my chances in particular given that other people have been accepted straightaway after their interview/preview days, but I appreciate that Amy responded to me so quickly and honestly.

• Like 1

On 11/6/2020 at 2:18 PM, ekc5755 said:

I also interviewed on 9/14 and may have an update for you. I emailed last Friday Amy about this very thing last week since it had been over six weeks since the preview/interview day. She candidly told me that the admissions committee hadn’t decided upon my application, but that the committee was meeting in the next week and half and she was hoping to be able to communicate a decision to me soon after that. So long story short: I’m hoping to get some kind of clear update by the end of next week.

Honestly, I don’t feel super optimistic about my chances in particular given that other people have been accepted straightaway after their interview/preview days, but I appreciate that Amy responded to me so quickly and honestly.

Thank you so much for the update and I hope good news is on the way! I also did not know people received acceptances right away.. but since it has been a week since you emailed Amy, hopefully we’ll be receiving some news soon!

Edited by BZaspiringPA

40 minutes ago, BZaspiringPA said:

Well this was pretty upsetting not gonna lie! Thank you so much for the update and I hope good news is on the way! I also did not know people received acceptances right away.. but since it has been a week since you emailed Amy, hopefully we’ll be receiving some news soon!

Sorry to be the bearer of less-than-stellar news. FWIW, I know a lot of people who got accepted heard back on October 12 and October 27 (just look at some of the previous entries on this forum). My guess is that MWU  was on the fence about a lot of folks and weren’t going to make final decisions on acceptances/waitlist/rejections for them until they had interviewed more candidates. Now that they have spent the month of October interviewing, they are probably better prepared to make those decisions. Just because you haven’t heard does not mean you won’t get in, either now or later.

Also: congratulations to all the stellar candidates who were offered admission right off the bat! MWU was obviously impressed by you folks 🙂

Edited by ekc5755