2020-2021 Application Cycle

30 minutes ago, khadijasaleem said:

how long does it take for admission results to come out? I heard it's 4-6wks for Midwestern but I only heard that from 1 source. I know many other schools can send out email in like a week or so. 

They said 4-6 weeks in the interview. They review applications once a month. I think the first interview was 9/14 so I would suspect we will hear something soon!

4 hours ago, Ashleyfowler15 said:

I also got an interview invite and will be interviewing 10/12!! Good luck everyone and try not to overthink when recording yourself for what you want to tell the admissions committee! If it’s not going as planned and you’re getting flustered just take a deep breath 🙂 you’re all going to do great!

omg good luck!! I'm interviewing 10/12 as well. Good luck to everyone, whenever they interview!! 

• Like 1

Hi everyone! I also received an interview invite and have scheduled it for 10/26. I submitted and was verified early July and began to lose hope but I am so excited! For those who have interviewed, how long does the flipgrid video have to be?

Also, good luck to everyone who will be interviewing soon and for those who have their interviews later like I do! We're almost there 🙂 

• Like 1

Hopefully they are making calls over the next couple of days! 

For anyone who closely follows this and/or other threads comparing yourself to others and getting panicked when you don't get that phone call on the day/hour you were expecting: I get it. It's extremely hard to get a type A applicant to desensitize to the idea of having to trust the process and be willing to give up a locus of control; however, whenever you do learn to do so, you'll enjoy the process and appreciate your fellow applicants and their own victories much, much more. Do not panic, do not wish failure upon your peers, and do not despair or give up until you've gotten that final rejection -- even then, don't give up... PA programs love an applicant with some grit and a positive attitude.

-Jparra1

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, khadijasaleem said:

Hey guys!

From my understanding, the admissions committee doesn’t review your final profile (post interview) until you’ve taken the casper right?

yes i believe so! i just took the casper on tuesday but i interviewed on 9/28 and i didn't receive any word back. crossing my fingers for next month 😄 

anyone have any tips on what specifically to address in the 5 min video?

The “prompt” is to say anything you think the committee should know about you. I mentioned why i want to be a PA and why Midwestern. My video wasn’t even 4 mins long lol cuz i was so nervous and couldn’t get it right in the first 25 mins lol so i only had 5 mins to like.. really work on my video lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1