2020-2021 Application Cycle

36 minutes ago, byf8thpber said:

Great to see everyone today! 4-6 weeks is a long time to wait for a response so I think I am just going to go hide in a cave for the next month so as not to be checking my phone/email everyday. Good luck and feel free to reach out! 

I was in the interview today and thought everyone did awesome! Good luck to you and everyone else who may be reading this! 🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, prePAnerd97 said:

Can anyone who has interviewed so far confirm if the interview only consisted of the 5 minute video using flipgrid? (Btw - good luck to all of you! I'm interviewing on oct 12 so lmk if you are too and want to connect!) 

hi! i interviewed on 9/21 and i can confirm that the only interview activity was the flipgrid 🙂

• Like 2

On 10/1/2020 at 9:39 PM, AliceT5 said:

hi! i interviewed on 9/21 and i can confirm that the only interview activity was the flipgrid 🙂

Thank you so much for confirming! 🙂 hope your interview went well! Another quick question: did they give you a specific prompt to answer or was it general for all students? just trying to gauge how i should prepare! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, orchidlily12 said:

Did anyone who submitted their application in late June (06/29 for reference) not receive an invitation yet? I'm trying to see if I'm probably going to be rejected, or if they just haven't sent interviews out for late June/early July applicants yet.

I was verified and marked complete June 5th and still haven’t heard anything. Seeing people getting offers for interviews who applied way after that, but try not to think the worst! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, prePAnerd97 said:

Thank you so much for confirming! 🙂 hope your interview went well! Another quick question: did they give you a specific prompt to answer or was it general for all students? just trying to gauge how i should prepare! 

thanks!! so basically, theres like a 30 min time lapse where they send you a link and everyone gets off of zoom to film their five minute video. the "prompt" (in quotations bc its barely a prompt lol) is to tell the admissions committee whatever you feel like you want them to know/is important. i practiced by writing out bullet points of what i wanted to say and really emphasized why i wanted to attend midwestern, since there wasn't a supplementary app for this school. i just timed myself and then adjusted what i said accordingly to fit within the time limit. good luck to everyone interviewing!!! 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, AliceT5 said:

thanks!! so basically, theres like a 30 min time lapse where they send you a link and everyone gets off of zoom to film their five minute video. the "prompt" (in quotations bc its barely a prompt lol) is to tell the admissions committee whatever you feel like you want them to know/is important. i practiced by writing out bullet points of what i wanted to say and really emphasized why i wanted to attend midwestern, since there wasn't a supplementary app for this school. i just timed myself and then adjusted what i said accordingly to fit within the time limit. good luck to everyone interviewing!!! 

So there's no direct interaction with the committee? we just make a video and send that in? Also, what is flipgrid haha is it esay to use? 

2 hours ago, khadijasaleem said:

So there's no direct interaction with the committee? we just make a video and send that in? Also, what is flipgrid haha is it esay to use? 

nope, no direct interaction. they do do a Q&A with some faculty, but those are just in the chat over zoom. flipgrid was just a website that allowed us to film ourselves. we could even edit the video lol. it was really straightforward!

1 hour ago, AliceT5 said:

nope, no direct interaction. they do do a Q&A with some faculty, but those are just in the chat over zoom. flipgrid was just a website that allowed us to film ourselves. we could even edit the video lol. it was really straightforward!

omg that's gonna be so hard for the admissions committee to choose someone haha!! considering that all the interviewees are really prepared and worthy of a spot!!! idk how to get myself to stand out omg! *fingers crossed*

• Like 2