• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I got my under review email 08/25 and I still have not heard anything back from the program. I applied last year and it takes a while because Michelle is the only one reviewing applications. We are in

Really hoping this is the week we hear something back!!

Accepted to the Miami campus but will probably be giving up my seat as I was accepted to my top choice! Feel free to send me chipotle gift cards to influence the decision! 

Posted Images

4 hours ago, HanTay1996 said:

By any chance...did anyone get a follow request from Barry PA program on instagram? I still have not received an interview and I'm not sure how to handle this one. Of course I want to accept but I also don't want my instagram account to play any part in deciding if I should get an invite or not.

It could be a student-run instagram page like most of the other programs. Regardless, you should do whatever makes YOU comfortable not what is convenient for admissions. 

Edited by Pa98173jd
25 minutes ago, Pa98173jd said:

It could be a student-run instagram page like most of the other programs. Regardless, you should do whatever makes YOU comfortable not what is convenient for admissions. 

I appreciate your feedback, you are right. Thank you so much!

• Like 1
18 hours ago, meredithw said:

I received an interview invite for the St. Petersburg campus but I have committed to another program and declined the offer. Hopefully this opens up another spot for someone else to interview!

Congrats! Would you mind sharing your stat, CASPA app submission date and the day that you recieved " under review" email. Thanks!

For people who completed the interview - were there any breaks during the interview process?
I see they have 3-4 hours scheduled. It's pretty early in the morning and I know I'm going to need to use the restroom at some point [emoji28]

There are break opportunities definitely. I always use the bathroom so once or twice I just changed my name to restroom during the group sessions and just muted my mic and hid my screen. Changed it back when I came back and turned everything back on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1 minute ago, byf8thpber said:

There are break opportunities definitely. I always use the bathroom so once or twice I just changed my name to restroom during the group sessions and just muted my mic and hid my screen. Changed it back when I came back and turned everything back on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

awesome thanks!

6 hours ago, Barry20 said:

Congrats! Would you mind sharing your stat, CASPA app submission date and the day that you recieved " under review" email. Thanks!

I submitted my app on 5/9 and got the email that it was under review on 7/17. 

My stats are as follows:

GPA: 3.91

sGPA: 3.85

GRE: 310 and 5.0 in writing

PCE: 4,000+ as an MA at a cardiology office

Volunteering: 147 hours

Shadowing: 350 hours (72 hours with a PA I work for)

Disclaimer: Prior to aspiring to go the PA school, I was on the track for medical school until my career aspirations changed. As a result, I took 2 gap years before applying in order to work on my application and get experience in the field. Please do not use my statistics as an indicator of what anyone else's should be like but I hope some may find it helpful. 

14 hours ago, meredithw said:

I submitted my app on 5/9 and got the email that it was under review on 7/17. 

My stats are as follows:

GPA: 3.91

sGPA: 3.85

GRE: 310 and 5.0 in writing

PCE: 4,000+ as an MA at a cardiology office

Volunteering: 147 hours

Shadowing: 350 hours (72 hours with a PA I work for)

Disclaimer: Prior to aspiring to go the PA school, I was on the track for medical school until my career aspirations changed. As a result, I took 2 gap years before applying in order to work on my application and get experience in the field. Please do not use my statistics as an indicator of what anyone else's should be like but I hope some may find it helpful. 

Thanks!

On 10/12/2020 at 4:11 PM, jam999 said:

Hey! I am interviewing this Friday and just received the PowerPoint with information. I saw that the degree earned is a Master of Clinical Medical Science degree and “Barry University has not determined whether the degree program meets the educational requirements to apply for professional [licensure] outside of Florida.” When I look at my states licensing it just requires you graduate from an accredited PA program but I’m a little confused and worried about this. Does anyone know more about this? 

Hey Jam999, I was also very concerned about that. Have you found any more info on that? I would very much like to know.

Btw, I researched about the degree, and the degree is fine. A lot of PA programs have different degree names but they all qualify you and Miami's PA program degree qualifies you to sit for the exam as well. But I am not sure about the licensing and that worries me lol