Is there someone who can justify the cost of this program? I'm not really understanding what makes this program worth 40-50k more than others? Do they have ways of saving you money throughout the clinical year? Maybe offering a place to stay in clinical years or anything like that?

Edit: Also I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, I just didn't realize the cost of the program myself and am trying to take a critical look at my choices

Edited by ElectricalAnteater
  • Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey all! First year PA student here. I didn’t hear about an interview until 9/23/19 and they gave us four days in October to choose from. With COVID, idk what that means for you guys but thought I’d s

Hey everybody!!!! Dylan here, president of the UCDavis PA class of 2021. I'm super excited for all of you guys submitting your CASPAs and getting ready to start your PA journey, whether it be the

Hey guys! I am an accepted student and will be starting this summer. It is super early in the game right now for UC Davis and a lot of California schools in general. UCD does not review apps until the

Posted Images

Yes I agree with above and it is a good discussion to have. UC Davis health is world renowned so congrats to everyone that got an invite! Maybe that plays a part in the tuition, idk.  I didn't get an invite so it is easier for me to be a little more critical but what really drew me to the program was their commitment to diversity and providing care to underserved communities, and as a minority myself I felt their mission statement really aligned with mine. But the tuition is something that can't be ignored. Cost is the biggest barrier for minorities seeking educational attainment so it is unfortunate that a program that values diversity will put a financial burden on their students when this program might be the only chance to attend because of their holistic review. Im sure there is a lot more to it than I understand plus English is not my first language. They have a good similar discussion in the Stanford pa forum if anyone wants to look.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3
13 hours ago, Rickies said:

Can i get the stats of those interviewed!? Thank you in advance!

I'm a first time applicant, cGPA: 3.8, sGPA: 3.55, PCE: 6000+, HCE: 3000+, volunteer: <100, shadowing: 25+. I submitted my CASPA the first week of June.

Are there any applicants who are interviewing on 10/30 :')? 

• Like 3
On 8/4/2020 at 11:41 AM, Mmram said:

The Pre-PA podcas

On 8/4/2020 at 11:41 AM, Mmram said:

I was just listening to 'The Pre-PA podcast' where current UC Davis students were interviewed and one mentioned that next year there is a plan to completely separate PAs and NPs so I wonder if that means they will accept more pa students??

Btw listening to their experiences with the programs really validates my decision to apply here. It sounds like an amazing program that really cares for their students. But it is making me more anxious at the fact we still have a long time until we hear back!  

Oooo where can I listen to this podcast? Thank you in advance 🙂

Looks like they are sending invites as people decline. Got an invite around 12:00. Interviewing on 10/27. I was feeling so down on myself so this is a relief. 

On 9/30/2020 at 8:23 AM, paschool2021 said:

Oooo where can I listen to this podcast? Thank you in advance 🙂

Just search “the Pre-Pa podcast” by Savannah Perry. It was from a couple weeks ago 😄

• Like 2

Hi! First year PA student here hopefully answering some of the questions you have posed. Typically, interviews go out in one batch. If you get an interview invite after that it is due to someone declining their interview offer. There are people who have got in where this happened so don’t worry if you got an invite late! If you haven’t received an invite just yet, there is some hope but it could go either way at this point. I interviewed with someone who got an email inviting them the day before.

I see posts about the cost. Yes the cost is A LOT. It’s something that I struggled with in my head for sure but loans will cover. I haven’t had any issue covering costs thus far. Will you be in debt when you’re done? YES but that’s the name of the game honestly. Is UC Davis more expensive than many other programs? Yes. But when I say that there is a prestige about UC Davis...there is. They are known to be a top school and when someone hears that you got into Davis they are very impressed! Not to mention, students that come from Davis know their stuff. Before I got in, my clinic would take Davis students and they were on top of their game compared to other programs. At the end of the day, don’t spend a lot of time worrying about the cost. You’re gonna go where you get in. If you have multiple offers then you can worry about it. Go, interview, have the experience, and hopefully I’ll see you around campus next year! Let me know if you have any questions! 

Edited by Delanie
  • Like 9