On 9/24/2020 at 12:05 PM, alysd said:

Wow! That’s later than last year for sure. Good to know though, thank you. 

Out of curiosity, what prompted you to send updated PCE? I’ve been told conflicting things about whether programs like that or specifically direct us not to. Wondering because since the time of application I actually moved and started a new job. 

When I emailed UCD about a month ago with my updated hours they said they only take the original application into consideration. No updated hours or classes will be considered. 

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey all! First year PA student here. I didn’t hear about an interview until 9/23/19 and they gave us four days in October to choose from. With COVID, idk what that means for you guys but thought I’d s

Hey everybody!!!! Dylan here, president of the UCDavis PA class of 2021. I'm super excited for all of you guys submitting your CASPAs and getting ready to start your PA journey, whether it be the

Hey guys! I am an accepted student and will be starting this summer. It is super early in the game right now for UC Davis and a lot of California schools in general. UCD does not review apps until the

Posted Images

Just now, deepop said:

When I emailed UCD about a month ago with my updated hours they said they only take the original application into consideration. No updated hours or classes will be considered. 

Ok cool thank you, that’s what I had suspected. 

Otherwise every program would be getting flooded with emails from anxious applicants saying “hey just FYI I worked 300 more hours since I applied!” lol

On 9/24/2020 at 10:50 AM, singerdancer said:

Hey everyone I sent them so updated patient care hours a few weeks ago and they told me they wouldn’t send out interviews till November! Wait is killing me. 

Are you sure they didn’t mean BY November like another poster mentioned?? That’s just seems way too late and looking at the timeline they have on their website, interviews should happen in October and November, and then decision by December. If interviews are being sent out until November then we possibly won’t hear back about decisions until the the new year....

D8FE228C-EE41-4D49-AFDE-356B01A4C36D.jpeg

Edited by Mmram
3 minutes ago, singerdancer said:

Congratulations to those who received interviews! Anyone know if there will be more interviews after the ones in October? Best of luck to you all(:

I'm sure there will be other interview dates after October because in the email, they provide a third-party link to their site for you to select which interview date you want and there's an option for applicants who are waitlisted and in the email, if you don't respond back with a date for when you want to be interviewed by this Friday, they reject your application (so I'm assuming this means that an unresponsive applicant will open up more slots for other applicants who are still waiting).

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, ambschen said:

I'm sure there will be other interview dates after October because in the email, they provide a third-party link to their site for you to select which interview date you want and there's an option for applicants who are waitlisted and in the email, if you don't respond back with a date for when you want to be interviewed by this Friday, they reject your application (so I'm assuming this means that an unresponsive applicant will open up more slots for other applicants who are still waiting).

Thank you so much! Good luck in your interview, you’re going to crush it 🙂

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, LDchick said:

I have received an interview as well but will be declining due to already accepting a seat at another program. Hope my interview slot goes to someone else! Good luck everyone, we got this 💪🏽

You’re our hero! Haha 

Congratulations 🙂 what school did you select? 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, LDchick said:

I have received an interview as well but will be declining due to already accepting a seat at another program. Hope my interview slot goes to someone else! Good luck everyone, we got this 💪🏽

Congratulations on your acceptance elsewhere. Thanks so much for letting us know that you've declined your invite. I'm so hopeful to receive an invite here this year! Best wishes to you in your program! 

• Like 1

Hey everybody! Congrats on your interview invites! I know you are all thinking... How do I prepare to be able to turn that invite into an acceptance

Hi, my name is Dylan Neal, and I am a co-class president 2nd year PA student at UC Davis as well as founder of PAPlug, a physician assistant specific coaching service.

I hope I am finding everyone well! At this time two years ago, I was in the same position that you are; unsure, nervous, and preparing my butt off for interviews. 

Since being on the other side and discussing interview practices with my professors (and now mentors), I have learned techniques that would have saved me so much time and energy had I known earlier. For a limited number of students, I am offering a special offer of 1.5 hours of my time to host an individualized MOCK INTERVIEW, assessment and 30 minutes to ask questions about my time in the PA program, giving no nonsense answers and helping you understand EXACTLY what to expect and how to prepare for this interviews. 

Please message me at hawaiilife93@gmail.com for more information including success stories and references. Remember, I am only doing this 1-day program for the first 7 students, so don't wait! 

Warm wishes,

Dylan Neal PA-S2

LogoMakr_1zBVMP.png

Edited by dnealpa21