Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey all! First year PA student here. I didn’t hear about an interview until 9/23/19 and they gave us four days in October to choose from. With COVID, idk what that means for you guys but thought I’d s

Hey everybody!!!! Dylan here, president of the UCDavis PA class of 2021. I'm super excited for all of you guys submitting your CASPAs and getting ready to start your PA journey, whether it be the

Hey guys! I am an accepted student and will be starting this summer. It is super early in the game right now for UC Davis and a lot of California schools in general. UCD does not review apps until the

Posted Images

Good chance it will be way different because of COVID-19. So the new process could be anything. Normal interview is in a group with 8-9 other people. Everyone goes around and gives a 1 minute elevator speech. Then you pick questions out of a hat and get 2 minutes to respond to your question. That's it. They judge you throughout the whole day though, so gotta use every opportunity to put yourself out there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, PAzole said:

I haven't either which is strange because its been over 2 weeks.  Im not sure if they batch things

That might be the case! It’s still relatively early in the cycle and being that their deadline is July 15th, they might just batch everything like you mentioned. From reading last years thread, I didn’t see anyone really mention confirmation emails, but moreso they started to receive interviews around the 3rd week of September. The wait is definitely agonizing, haha! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CrystalGemPA said:

That might be the case! It’s still relatively early in the cycle and being that their deadline is July 15th, they might just batch everything like you mentioned. From reading last years thread, I didn’t see anyone really mention confirmation emails, but moreso they started to receive interviews around the 3rd week of September. The wait is definitely agonizing, haha! 

 

7 hours ago, PAzole said:

I haven't either which is strange because its been over 2 weeks.  Im not sure if they batch things

Hey guys! I am an accepted student and will be starting this summer. It is super early in the game right now for UC Davis and a lot of California schools in general. UCD does not review apps until they're all submitted in July- they don't utilize rolling admission. I got my verification that I submitted my app on 7/8 but keep in mind I submitted my app like 07/01. They will send out a mass interview invite email around September (9/23/2019 for us) with 4 dates to choose from. Usually on the 4 Mondays in October. I can imagine interviews possibly being done virtually but I can't imagine how different the timeline/process would be. 

The wait is definitely nerve wracking! From submitting and waiting to hear back from schools for interviews and then even worse-waiting to hear back AFTER interviews but the time will fly by right in front of you eyes.. trust me haha! Try to enjoy this process 🙂 Hope this helps. Feel free to PM anytime..

  • Like 10
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone!

i just want to check before I hit submit since ive read different answers and now I’m confused. UC Davis requires 3 evaluation and right now I have 2 and I am able to submit and get verified. If I submit now, will they be able to see my 3rd letter as long as my evaluator submits before the deadline?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mmram said:

Hi everyone!

i just want to check before I hit submit since ive read different answers and now I’m confused. UC Davis requires 3 evaluation and right now I have 2 and I am able to submit and get verified. If I submit now, will they be able to see my 3rd letter as long as my evaluator submits before the deadline?

Yes I believe so! I think UC Davis won’t actually see it until they start reviewing apps after July. But, it’s still kind of a risk. I would recommend submitting to UC Davis when you’re fully 100% ready app wise, with nothing pending. You still have about a month and a half so you’ll be fine. I submitted my app like 07/01 right before deadline and I had no problems 🙂 hope that helps 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/3/2020 at 11:57 AM, Mmram said:

Hi everyone!

i just want to check before I hit submit since ive read different answers and now I’m confused. UC Davis requires 3 evaluation and right now I have 2 and I am able to submit and get verified. If I submit now, will they be able to see my 3rd letter as long as my evaluator submits before the deadline?

 You only need to have 2 evaluations already completed in order for CASPA to verify your application and send it to UCD, so yes, if you submit now, you have until now until UCD's application deadline for your 3rd letter to be sent and reviewed by the admissions committee. (I know because I asked this question to CASPA already, haha!)

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/5/2020 at 7:37 PM, ambschen said:

 You only need to have 2 evaluations already completed in order for CASPA to verify your application and send it to UCD, so yes, if you submit now, you have until now until UCD's application deadline for your 3rd letter to be sent and reviewed by the admissions committee. (I know because I asked this question to CASPA already, haha!)

Ok good to know! Now I just need the courage to hit submit lol 

Edited by Mmram
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More