2020-2021 Application Cycle

20 hours ago, shkswimming said:

Hey guys! Just to double check, Stanford still requires GRE, right? I was a bit confused when I was reading it.

I assume your application will still be viewed without GRE, but will be required?

Stanford does NOT require the GRE for this cycle. It is highly recommended but not required. 

Applied May 9th, verified May 11th.

Edited by andrewnelson10

On 5/18/2020 at 9:50 PM, PAzole said:

Following! Verified May 11th. Does anyone know if they wait for CASPER score to review your whole application? 

I don't believe so, I received the following email on 5/19.

Thank you for applying to the MS in PA Studies program at the Stanford School of Medicine.  We would like to confirm that your application has been received and is making its way through our multi-phase review process.

We are presently in the process of reviewing all applications. We will reach out to you again via e-mail in the coming weeks as to next steps.  Please be advised that, given the high level of interest in our program, we are unable to provide status updates prior to that point and will not be able to give personal feedback to applicants.

4 hours ago, Cllliu said:

I don't believe so, I received the following email on 5/19.

Thank you for applying to the MS in PA Studies program at the Stanford School of Medicine.  We would like to confirm that your application has been received and is making its way through our multi-phase review process.

We are presently in the process of reviewing all applications. We will reach out to you again via e-mail in the coming weeks as to next steps.  Please be advised that, given the high level of interest in our program, we are unable to provide status updates prior to that point and will not be able to give personal feedback to applicants.

Thanks for responding. I got the same email too and have yet to take the CASPER so fingers crossed!

15 hours ago, Willlllllll said:

Did everyone receive the confirmation email? I was verified 5/19 but haven't gotta a receipt of application.

I was verified late in the day of 5/18 and took CASPer 5/7 and haven't gotten a confirmation email yet either

Edited by christinat

On 5/21/2020 at 12:58 AM, PAzole said:

Thanks for responding. I got the same email too and have yet to take the CASPER so fingers crossed!

I think they need CASPer to consider your application complete.. I know Utah told me that and they also require CASPer. I take CASPer on june 4!!

I inquired and they responded with this: "CASPer must be completed by October 1. However, please note that we review applications as they are submitted; once an application is under review, we will not go back to see if new test scores have been submitted. "

I am a little unsure what they mean by the fact that they do not go back to see if new test scores are submitted. Can anyone clarify?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all! I am a first time applicant and wanted to get any feedback that y'all are can offer on my stats and competitiveness, especially if you have already been through the application cycle and have similar stats.

cGPA- 3.79

sGPA-4.00(so far, I'm currently taking genetics and micro and will take gen chem II A&P II in the fall)

GRE- V-157, Q-151 and 4.0

HCE/PCE- ~400hrs(i'm unsure of whether I should count my experiences as PCE or HCE in CASPA. I was a volunteer medical assistant and COVID screener for most of them and took vitals, checked A1C, etc.)

Shadowing- 40hrs

+leadership experience during and after college(President of Psi Chi at Auburn and Volunteer Coordinator at doctor's office for COVID)

Alsoooooo, are there any 2nd time applicants with non-traditional majors? I was a psych major and would love to hear your application experiences. Sorry for blowing up the forum and thanks in advance for your help!

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, beatrix1998 said:

Hello everyone,

I am planning on registering for CASPer test but don't know which admission cycle to choose, is it 2019-2020 or 2020-2021?

Also, it requires identification number, where and how can you acquire that?

Thank you.

2019-20 is over. you are applying for the 2020-21 cycle.

4 hours ago, beatrix1998 said:

Hello everyone,

I am planning on registering for CASPer test but don't know which admission cycle to choose, is it 2019-2020 or 2020-2021?

Also, it requires identification number, where and how can you acquire that?

Thank you.

2020-2021. When you sign into caspa in the top right corner of the website underneath where it displays your name you’ll see your CASPA ID, use that.