MBKU 2020-2021

11 hours ago, Anahhita said:

Thank you so much for your reply.I live in Riverside and was wondering if I need to move closer or not.

Hey! Congratulations! I am a first year MBKU student too with @ajones and i live near Palm Springs. I do have a place to stay near school when we need to be on campus for skills and labs but for the most part, i stay at home. It has its pros and cons. I dont have young kids so i am still able to concentrate studying.

10 hours ago, mae2luv said:

Hey! Congratulations! I am a first year MBKU student too with @ajones and i live near Palm Springs. I do have a place to stay near school when we need to be on campus for skills and labs but for the most part, i stay at home. It has its pros and cons. I dont have young kids so i am still able to concentrate studying.

Thank you so much @mae2luv and @ajones for recommendation, I have a two month old baby so I think maybe it is easier to move closer to school.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, midimension said:

Hi @ajones and @mae2luv! Do you know what second year students do for housing during rotations? Like are the majority of MBKU rotations close enough to the school that I should keep an apartment there? Or are the majority of rotations far enough away from school so that it'd make sense to just do airbnbs that year?

Thanks so much!

Hello there! So it seems to depend. My roommate is a second year and she is currently living with me near campus and her rotations have been fairly local but we do have rotations in San Diego, Bakersfield and LA county so you may need to move around a little. She is trying to have her further rotations be placed towards the end since our lease ends before she’s done with clinical year! Another second year I know has had to get a couple Airbnbs so it really depends on your placements.

Hi! Has anyone who was rejected in previous years had any luck with inquiring about feedback for reapplying? I know some programs are helpful in responding, while others will just shoot you back a form letter. Interested in trying to improve in order to reapply next year. I made it to the interview waitlist but never interviewed. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/17/2021 at 6:35 PM, alysd said:

Hi! Has anyone who was rejected in previous years had any luck with inquiring about feedback for reapplying? I know some programs are helpful in responding, while others will just shoot you back a form letter. Interested in trying to improve in order to reapply next year. I made it to the interview waitlist but never interviewed. 

I got rejected but since I got into several schools already I didn't contact them. From what I hear they are great at providing feedback. I think they may even schedule a meeting with you. I do know from somebody I worked with that the feedback she got was that they were big on community service so I would definitely get some of that if you don't have a lot of it already. 

• Like 1

interviewed 12/12, waitlisted 2/8. 

Accepted off waitlist on 3/4! Already put the deposit down and signed matriculation form. Just waiting for certiphi to send me email for the background check. 

This was my 4th time applying to MBKU. My first year I was rejected. Second year I was placed on interview waitlist. Last year I interviewed in person (pre-COVID) and was waitlisted. Don't give up! I never did despite receiving many rejections! 

• Like 7

43 minutes ago, ToddW said:

Accepted off waitlist on 3/4! Already put the deposit down and signed matriculation form. Just waiting for certiphi to send me email for the background check. 

This was my 4th time applying to MBKU. My first year I was rejected. Second year I was placed on interview waitlist. Last year I interviewed in person (pre-COVID) and was waitlisted. Don't give up! I never did despite receiving many rejections! 

Thanks so much for sharing this! This past cycle was my 2nd time applying - first time all rejections, 2nd time interview waitlist for MBKU - you give me hope. Congratulations!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ToddW said:

7 hours ago, alysd said:

Thanks so much for sharing this! This past cycle was my 2nd time applying - first time all rejections, 2nd time interview waitlist for MBKU - you give me hope. Congratulations!

It was my 5th time applying, and my very first interview in those 5 years! Definitely never give up!! 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, sallytff said:

I was accepted 02/17 from the waitlist. Super excited and grateful. Does anyone know if there is a FB group for the accepted students yet? I am trying to find a roommate to live with.

Congrats on your acceptance and welcome to the family 🙂 ! Have you got a chance to check the student portal yet? It has all the information you need. Hope it will help! 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...