TUFTS 2020-2021

On 6/19/2020 at 3:34 PM, ARMANDO411468 said:

I haven’t heard anything And I was emailed in May so I assume it’s not good news for me 😞

It’s still early! Don’t lose hope. There are still several more interviews coming up. 

This was what the admissions page of their website said. 

Selected candidates who have complete and competitive applications are invited to attend one of several interview sessions held throughout the summer and fall. The session--lasting up to 3 hours--will include a program presentation, two individual interviews, and a tour.”

2 hours ago, ajl2h said:

It’s still early! Don’t lose hope. There are still several more interviews coming up. 

This was what the admissions page of their website said. 

Selected candidates who have complete and competitive applications are invited to attend one of several interview sessions held throughout the summer and fall. The session--lasting up to 3 hours--will include a program presentation, two individual interviews, and a tour.”

The interview this year is as such: 

Step 1 (2 hours):

1. An online, live program overview presentation and faculty/student Q&A, directly followed by
  2. An online 3-question asynchronous activity to be completed within the 45 minutes immediately following the live presentation

Step 2 (25 minutes):

A live, synchronized interview (25 minutes) with a principal faculty

Guest aPpA5
7 hours ago, avekat said:

When were you verified?

So I applied and was verified on 5/14 by CASPA. But Tufts didn't send me the confirmation email until 6/5. The admissions committee don't start to review your application until after you receive the confirmation email. 

Guest aPpA5
19 minutes ago, ppanipa said:

For those that got an invite-- About how long was the wait after submitting your step 1 interview preference, did it take for the confirmation email to schedule for step 2? 

Correction: I got the email to schedule the part 2 right after I scheduled part 1. I got the confirmation that both were scheduled the next day. 

Edited by aPpA5
Clarification

17 hours ago, jeralynkunz said:

Hey guys! Just wondering if any one has had any issues receiving emails about interviews. I got a bit nervous when the conformation email said that we needed to configure our emails to receive emails from them. I am just wondering how to do this or if its even necessary? 

I saw the same thing in the confirmation email but haven't had any trouble receiving emails from them! I did not configure my email at all but I did make them a VIP contact in my email so that all emails from them would go straight to my main inbox!

2 hours ago, secondroundbestround said:

Congrats! What were your stats?!

GPA 3.82, science GPA 3.88, PCE 5000ish hr, volunteer 3000ish hr (including a 1.5 year full time church mission, without it I'd have like 800), GRE 307 (46th percentile math, 76th percentile english, 4.5 writing), shadowing like 115 hr I believe? Best of luck! 🙂

• Upvote 1

Just now, amandaaa22 said:

Awesome! When did you interview?!

I was in the first cohort that met on June 15th, my synchronus interview was on June 24th and I got the call this morning! My stats were very similar to yours just with much less volunteering hours lol! Best of luck with your interview!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KaraJo said:

Omg congratulations!! Just wondering..what was your timeline like?? When were you be verified by tufts?

My timeline for PA/MPH was:

Submitted CASPA: May 12th

Verified by Tufts: May 25th

Interview offer: June 2nd

Interview Part 1&2: June 15th & 24th

Accepted: July 7th

All of my communication with the university was very clear and they did an awesome job explaining the whole process! Best of luck everyone!

Edited by emcooley
  • Like 1