TUFTS 2020-2021

On 6/3/2020 at 6:55 PM, pathtopas said:

Has anyone that applied on or after 5/22 received a confirmation that their application is under review? I have still only received the automated email sent to everyone. Good luck to everyone applying this cycle & congrats to those who received interviews already😀

Yes. I was verified 5/27 and I got my "Under Review" on 6/5.

• Like 1

Guest aPpA5
2 hours ago, Samantha16 said:

Anyone that applied 5/17 or later hear anything about interviews? I have only gotten a confirmation email of my application being complete and under review on 5/25

I haven't heard back besides the confirmation and I applied 5/14

58 minutes ago, prepa94morrnico said:

just the PA program! What about you? 

Does anyone know what the asynchronous vs. synchronized means/their interview style?

Congrats on your invite! 

I’m also a bit unsure of the interview format too. I’m thinking the first two hours are just the basic “get to know the program and ask questions”, while the asynchronous part is where we answer three questions online that were provided by the interviewer. The interviewer wouldn’t be present during that part although we’re answering interview questions. 

The synchronous interview is probably a one-on-one zoom meeting where it’s more like an actual interview. 

Just a thought?

8 minutes ago, ab1395 said:

Congrats on your invite! 

I’m also a bit unsure of the interview format too. I’m thinking the first two hours are just the basic “get to know the program and ask questions”, while the asynchronous part is where we answer three questions online that were provided by the interviewer. The interviewer wouldn’t be present during that part although we’re answering interview questions. 

The synchronous interview is probably a one-on-one zoom meeting where it’s more like an actual interview. 

Just a thought?

I'm thinking the same thing, but was wondering if the asynchronous part would be a recording of ourselves answering the questions or a typed response?

On 6/8/2020 at 4:33 PM, DelaneyR44 said:

Yes. I was verified 5/27 and I got my "Under Review" on 6/5.

Is this what you mean by under review or did you receive an additional email?? I submitted on 05/27 and got this on 06/06 "We are writing to notify you that we have received all of the required materials for your application to the Physician Assistant Program at Tufts University School of Medicine. Your application is now complete, and has been forwarded to the PA Admissions Review Committee for a review of your pre-requisites."

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, prepa6282020 said:

I'm thinking the same thing, but was wondering if the asynchronous part would be a recording of ourselves answering the questions or a typed response?

I’m not completely sure either. I also don’t know which format I’d prefer

1 hour ago, secondroundbestround said:

Congrats! When did you submit? What were your stats? 

Thank you! I submitted on 5/18, verified the next day. 

cGPA: 3.32 (4.0 post-bac) 

sGPA: 3.23 

PCE: around 3,000 hours as a clinical research coordinator in oncology and as an optometric assistant 

Shadowing: 50 hours for a few different oncology PAs, 4 hours in-patient internal medicine PA

Volunteer: 75 hours as an emergency room volunteer, 75 hours as a volunteer in an in-patient neuroscience unit, 10 hours of COVID-19 volunteering

Very excited about this program 🙂 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, prepa94morrnico said:

PCE: around 3,000 hours as a clinical research coordinator in oncology and as an optometric assistant 

Shadowing: 50 hours for a few different oncology PAs, 4 hours in-patient internal medicine PA

Volunteer: 75 hours as an emergency room volunteer, 75 hours as a volunteer in an in-patient neuroscience unit, 10 hours of COVID-19 volunteering

Wow congrats! I have a slightly lower GPA  but also have a 4.0 in post bacc classes. With COVID testing center volunteer, 3,000 as a scribe and another 3,000 as an ER Tech. I submitted 6/7 so thank you for giving me hope!

On 6/11/2020 at 9:24 PM, prepa94morrnico said:

Congratulations on your interview invite! If you don't mind me asking, when did you receive the email from Tufts stating your application was complete & under review?

• Upvote 2

Hi all, the asynchronous interview means typed responses (3/5 random questions) while the synchronous is a 25 min ZOOM interview with a staff member of the program. I just finished mine. They were on separate days so today was the synchronous interview which was very short and sweet. They said during the information session that it should be the first week of July that this wave hears back decisions.

• Like 3