12 hours ago, CAprepa said:

How likely is it to get off the waitlist for the PA/MPH program?

I'm wondering the same -- 

I think they usually take 7 students, but in past years they have taken up to 10 into the dual program - it just depends if they want to have a smaller regular PA route group for next year or not 

I also think that even if you applied to the dual degree program, you can still be considered for the regular route too!

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I found my one on one to be very conversational and relaxed. My interviewer asked personal questions regarding my application and clearly had experiences that she wanted to touch upon with me at some

Just received an invitation for an interview today, Very excited!  

GUYS. I JUST GOT THE CALL! Interviewed for the dual PA/MPH program July 6 and 14! So excited to join you all!!! It's been a long time coming for me! Applied, interviewed and was waitlisted at 2 school

1 hour ago, prepa012797 said:

I'm wondering the same -- 

I think they usually take 7 students, but in past years they have taken up to 10 into the dual program - it just depends if they want to have a smaller regular PA route group for next year or not 

I also think that even if you applied to the dual degree program, you can still be considered for the regular route too!

I had previously emailed the admissions office with this same question asking if the dual degree PA/MPH spots get filled will the candidates still be considered for the PA only track and Sarah's answer was "Unfortunately no. PA/MPH applicants are only considered for the PA/MPH program. If you have any other questions, please let us know."

14 minutes ago, PrePA2020123456789 said:

I had previously emailed the admissions office with this same question asking if the dual degree PA/MPH spots get filled will the candidates still be considered for the PA only track and Sarah's answer was "Unfortunately no. PA/MPH applicants are only considered for the PA/MPH program. If you have any other questions, please let us know."

Oh yikes that is terrible news lol that just drops the odds of being pulled off the waitlist immensely, I am quite doubtful that anyone in that program would decline their seat 😞 

On 11/2/2020 at 9:57 PM, brownfly said:

has anyone been pulled off the waitlist yet?

Nothing yet unfortunately. 

I know in past years they've put more than 7 students into the dual degree PA/MPH program... has anyone heard if they plan to do that this year or if they're set with the 7 that have already been accepted?

has anyone called the admissions committee to ask how the waitlist works/if it is ranked/etc? Or does anyone have any info on this? The Tufts website for the MD program states

"We do not rank our wait list. As people withdraw from our class, we monitor the demographic composition of the class (geographical distribution, representation of undergraduate institutions, etc.) and admit candidates from the wait list who would best balance the composition of the class. During the summer months, the Admissions Committee does not meet on a scheduled basis as it does during the academic year; rather, it meets on an ad-hoc basis, reviewing wait list applications as needed."

I'm thinking the PA program operates in the same manner but unsure

2 hours ago, PA0518 said:

I was just accepted! I’m very excited to meet everyone☺️ Does anyone know if there’s an accepted students group? 

Once you get put in the system you'll get an email asking to add the current student president on facebook and she will add you to the group 🙂

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...