TUFTS 2020-2021

3 minutes ago, prepa6282020 said:

I received the email right around 10 AM. Fingers crossed for you! 

Do you think it would be reasonable for me to email or call their admissions office and ask for an update? I interviewed in the first interview group back in early July and haven't heard a thing since! I don't want to be super annoying and pushy about it but I would like some sort of update!

16 minutes ago, prepa012797 said:

Do you think it would be reasonable for me to email or call their admissions office and ask for an update? I interviewed in the first interview group back in early July and haven't heard a thing since! I don't want to be super annoying and pushy about it but I would like some sort of update!

I’m in the same boat as you! I interviewed first block in June... feeling like if we haven’t heard back it could be anything still... also wondering if the waitlist email at 10am eastern time will come for me at my PST 10am 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, danianderson said:

I’m in the same boat as you! I interviewed first block in June... feeling like if we haven’t heard back it could be anything still... also wondering if the waitlist email at 10am eastern time will come for me at my PST 10am 

They did not give too much detail in the email other than it is not guaranteed students will be taken off the waitlist and that we can hear back up until the day of orientation- i do not believe that they disclose your rank within the waitlist. They do mention replying if you are not interested in being placed on the waitlist so that other students can be contacted, so it sounds like it is possible you still have a chance of being waitlisted even if you didn't hear anything today. 

1 hour ago, danianderson said:

Oops my mistake - my email did come, it just got put in a weird "Promotions" tab on my gmail that I rarely check! I did end up getting waitlisted 

• Like 1

On 10/20/2020 at 8:33 AM, U1U2U3U4 said:

Does anyone have any idea as to how many people are usually taken off the waitlist or when? Or how many were last year/the year before? 

I think it really varies. Two years ago, there were people getting pulled off the waitlist just 2 weeks later, but last year people weren't pulled off the waitlist until a month or two later. Unfortunately, I think we just have to wait and hope that people decline their seat soon enough. Sadly, since Tufts is such an awesome program and an early start I can't imagine too many people giving up their seat - but still fingers crossed for us all! 

22 hours ago, prepa6282020 said:

I'm thinking the earliest we might see people come off the waitlist is after Nov. 2nd because on the waitlist decision letter it said we had up until Nov. 2nd to respond if we wanted to be added to the list. Im not positive but just a thought!

Is there any deadline for accepted students on when they have to officially decide if they want their seat or not? Or is it just the 2 weeks/ however many days to make the deposit and then they can pretty much give up their seat at any point until the start of the program?

18 minutes ago, prepa012797 said:

Is there any deadline for accepted students on when they have to officially decide if they want their seat or not? Or is it just the 2 weeks/ however many days to make the deposit and then they can pretty much give up their seat at any point until the start of the program?

Unfortunately I think once you pay your deposit you can give up the seat any day until the program starts. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CAprepa said:

How likely is it to get off the waitlist for the PA/MPH program?

I'm wondering the same -- 

I think they usually take 7 students, but in past years they have taken up to 10 into the dual program - it just depends if they want to have a smaller regular PA route group for next year or not 

I also think that even if you applied to the dual degree program, you can still be considered for the regular route too!

1 hour ago, prepa012797 said:

I'm wondering the same -- 

I think they usually take 7 students, but in past years they have taken up to 10 into the dual program - it just depends if they want to have a smaller regular PA route group for next year or not 

I also think that even if you applied to the dual degree program, you can still be considered for the regular route too!

I had previously emailed the admissions office with this same question asking if the dual degree PA/MPH spots get filled will the candidates still be considered for the PA only track and Sarah's answer was "Unfortunately no. PA/MPH applicants are only considered for the PA/MPH program. If you have any other questions, please let us know."

14 minutes ago, PrePA2020123456789 said:

I had previously emailed the admissions office with this same question asking if the dual degree PA/MPH spots get filled will the candidates still be considered for the PA only track and Sarah's answer was "Unfortunately no. PA/MPH applicants are only considered for the PA/MPH program. If you have any other questions, please let us know."

Oh yikes that is terrible news lol that just drops the odds of being pulled off the waitlist immensely, I am quite doubtful that anyone in that program would decline their seat 😞