TUFTS 2020-2021

7 hours ago, prepa012797 said:

Does anyone know if there are any seats left? Or anyone who's been accepted so far, how many students are in the accepted students Facebook page?

There are 43, but I’m not sure if this is the greatest method of determination because there are several students from the class above and there may be some people who don’t have Facebook, etc. There might also still be some people who give up their spots. Good luck!

14 minutes ago, AlmostPAAsh said:

Has anyone else just received only radio silence? I have seen people get rejection emails, interviews, and acceptances. Just wondering what the silence means. 

I was in one of the first interview groups, and have since heard nothing. I’m assuming that the silence at this point means they don’t know whether to put us on the waitlist or reject us. But either way, reallllly really hoping to hear back very soon! 

I doubt this will be helpful to anyone but just wanted to put it out there - got the rejection email today. I was never offered an interview so I knew the writing was on the wall after they finished Round 6 in Sept, but it seems they're finally getting around to wrapping up their cycle. Applied pretty late because of the supp, I wasn't able to fully submit until 7/27 even though the rest of my app was ready about 3 weeks prior. Good luck to anyone who's still waiting!

2 hours ago, brownfly said:

So for those who attended the presentation on the 14th hear back yet? This suspense is killing me. It's been a little over 2 weeks now, would it be appropriate to reach out?

If you do end up calling would you mind updating us on what they say? I am also surprised that we have not heard anything regarding the waitlist yet 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I called them. After I gave them my information, they said my application is under review and I should hear back before the end of the month. The admissions committee meets every 2 to 3 weeks and they are currently finalizing their selections. We will be notified soon.

I think they are quoting a bigger window so they have ample time and we aren't freaking out everyday lol

IDK about y'all, but I literally have been checking my emails, spam, and this forum like a crazy person lol 

I hope they don't take the whole month!!!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, brownfly said:

I called them. After I gave them my information, they said my application is under review and I should hear back before the end of the month. The admissions committee meets every 2 to 3 weeks and they are currently finalizing their selections. We will be notified soon.

I think they are quoting a bigger window so they have ample time and we aren't freaking out everyday lol

IDK about y'all, but I literally have been checking my emails, spam, and this forum like a crazy person lol 

I hope they don't take the whole month!!!

Thank you for this! Fingers crossed we hear back sooner than the end of the month - I'm seriously dying to hear back! 

Last year, it looks like they had all of their waitlisting decisions sent out on Oct 6th. I'm sure they're a little bit delayed with COVID and everything, but hopefully we don't have too much longer to hear back!

On 10/12/2020 at 12:26 PM, molm96 said:

Do we know if the class is fully enrolled yet? Interviewed in Block 5, still have heard no acceptance/waitlist/rejection yet. Trying to be patient but so hard to be in the dark this long

I think it's still not confirmed if it's fully enrolled. Someone had mentioned that the Facebook group of accepted students has almost a full class in it, but there are also students from previous classes and some people that have been accepted might not have Facebooks, so it's kind of hard to judge the overall total right now. My guess is that they are likely "full" (or close to it) but are still figuring out who will be placed on the waitlist at this point. 

5 hours ago, gshak said:

Hello everyone,

Just a QQ for anyone who got an interview or got accepted, did you guys take your prereqs at a community college, online, or at a university? I feel like I might retake all my prereqs to improve my chances next year!

Did you do poorly in the classes? It's really not necessary to retake them unless you did poorly. I took about half of mine at a community college just to save money and haven't had any issues getting into PA school 🙂 if anything, perhaps take more higher level science courses instead?

Edited by amandaaa22

8 hours ago, gshak said:

Hello everyone,

Just a QQ for anyone who got an interview or got accepted, did you guys take your prereqs at a community college, online, or at a university? I feel like I might retake all my prereqs to improve my chances next year!

I took mine at a CC, but I also had extensive prior graduate school experience. I know Tufts takes the strength of the school into consideration when looking at your application. As the prior poster mentioned, unless your pre-reqs are just awful, I wouldn’t retake them. They average out the grades on CASPA. But additional upper level science classes won’t hurt (assuming you do well in them). 

13 minutes ago, mpluong said:

Hey guys!

I interviewed 9/14 and 9/24th and finally heard back today. I'm on the waitlist. Just wanted to update everyone that block 6 is likely to hear back this week. Good luck to everyone!

Interviewed 7/16 and waitlisted today as well! Congrats to everyone who was offered a spot