University of Utah 2020-21 Application cycle!

Hi everyone! I'm also a little late to the party, but congrats on receiving that acceptance letter!

I'm very excited to get started at the SLC campus in May!! Not sure if there is a Facebook page created yet, but I'd love to join. My name is Marina Romani. Feel free to add me. I'm moving from California and am considering sharing a two bedroom apartment if anyone is interested. Don't hesitate to reach out! Can't wait to meet you all soon 🙂 

1 hour ago, HMcConney said:

Hey everyone! Has anyone applied for the graduate school and received acceptance? I submitted my application on 11/30 and it still says "submitted". I was trying to get started on all my financial stuff, but can't submit fafsa until the I am accepted into the graduate school. 

I applied on 12/3 and haven't received my acceptance yet either

4 hours ago, HMcConney said:

Hey everyone! Has anyone applied for the graduate school and received acceptance? I submitted my application on 11/30 and it still says "submitted". I was trying to get started on all my financial stuff, but can't submit fafsa until the I am accepted into the graduate school. 

Same here! Still haven’t heard anything from them so it seems pretty unlikely to hear much before the new year with their Winter break coming up.

In my email with my signed letter I informed Doris that I paid my deposit in full, completed background checks and had submitted my grad app. I asked if there was anything else I needed. She responded and said thank you so much Heather, everything looks good, nothing else is needed at this time. 

I sent in my signed physical and shot records yesterday and got an email from her this morning saying everything looked perfect. So I think her responses were because I had some sort of prompts in my initial emails. 

22 hours ago, HMcConney said:

In my email with my signed letter I informed Doris that I paid my deposit in full, completed background checks and had submitted my grad app. I asked if there was anything else I needed. She responded and said thank you so much Heather, everything looks good, nothing else is needed at this time. 

I sent in my signed physical and shot records yesterday and got an email from her this morning saying everything looked perfect. So I think her responses were because I had some sort of prompts in my initial emails. 

I have also submitted everything and have not heard back other than a thank you from Doris when she received my signed letter.

Were you sent a form for the physical and details for immunizations after submitting the graduate application? 

4 minutes ago, helliott said:

I have also submitted everything and have not heard back other than a thank you from Doris when she received my signed letter.

Were you sent a form for the physical and details for immunizations after submitting the graduate application? 

Remember that link she sent to us for the box account with the information session, tuition assistance presentation? There were like 5 or six items in it and one of them was the form for our physical to be completed 🙂

Hey all!

I am also late to the party - hopefully still fashionably late. I get to come hang out with all the SLC people! If there is a group chat, let me know. 

Similar to many of you, I submitted the grad school app on 12/03. I heard back from Doris regarding the acceptance letter and deposit, but radio silence since. As was previously mentioned, if there isn't any update tomorrow I assume it won't be until January until we hear back. 

Time to twiddle the thumbs and watch the snow fall I guess. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ozelaya said:

Really surprised by the timing, but I just got an update from the graduate school that a decision was made on my application! Seems like there isn’t much else to do on that end except send in an official transcript. Anyone else get an update today?

I got mine too! Just need to send in official transcripts now and do FAFSA! 

• Like 1

On 12/27/2020 at 6:02 PM, hapmt said:

Has anyone found an academic calendar for the PA program. I'm curious what the breaks normally look like, even if it is a calendar from last year?

I reached out to one of the current students and they told me that the didactic year follows the same schedule as the U of U undergrad students. Their academic calendar is online for the 2021-2022 year. It looks like we should get some pretty decent breaks throughout the year!

7 hours ago, SSPA20 said:

I reached out to one of the current students and they told me that the didactic year follows the same schedule as the U of U undergrad students. Their academic calendar is online for the 2021-2022 year. It looks like we should get some pretty decent breaks throughout the year!

Awesome, thanks!

50 minutes ago, SAS95 said:

Does anyone want to start the FB group? We can also start a WhatsApp if that's easier to communicate

I know early on someone had reached out to Doris and she said to hold off for a bit to make sure the class was basically in final form. Not sure if it’s been long enough, but I am definitely looking forward to something... Facebook or WhatsApp would be awesome. 

Edited by HMcConney