University of Utah 2020-21 Application cycle!

Got an email yesterday afternoon with an interview invitation for November 13th. This is my first cycle applying so I was kind of surprised as Utah felt like a reach school for me knowing how competitive it is getting into their program. Hopefully everyone hears back soon!

On 10/16/2020 at 7:02 PM, LYang2020 said:

@pathgirl20 Sorry, just read up on your response to another post afterwards— did you end up getting accepted ? 🙂 Also, would you recommend for those waitlisted for an interview to select the earliest date of preference or should we be flexible and say no preference ? Thank you so much! 

Hello!  Yes!  I did get accepted, and I don't know that it matters about date of preference.  I believe the candidates are all chosen at or near the same time (doesn't matter if you are in the early dates or later dates for interviews).  The majority of the acceptances go out at the same time.  However, I do know that in the past they have offered early acceptance to one or two very select candidates immediately following interviews.  It all goes very quickly though.  I had my interview on a Thursday, and was notified of acceptance the following Monday.  Good luck!

• Like 3

Got an interview invite for November 16th on Friday! I'm super excited for this invite as it's my second cycle applying an felt this was a reach school. Any advice on how to prepare for the A&P exam would be greatly appreciated! Goodluck everyone and don't give up hope!

• Like 1

Just got an email from Doris at noon today with an interview invite for November 9th! I’m in absolute shock. I had already accepted that I would most likely be rejected considering so many people already got interview invites on Friday.

• Like 2

I just received my invitation to interview. I was freaking out because others received theirs on Friday and I thought I was out of luck for this cycle. I will be interviewing on 11/9. I have worked for the U for 3 years now and have so much respect for their school of medicine and their entire operation. Hoping for the best, good luck to everyone. 

• Like 3

See!! We were all worried for nothing! Haha. Sounds like they just didn’t get through all of the emails yet. I’m so happy for everyone! Good luck!! And best of luck to those who didn’t get in! Please don’t give up! You are all so amazing! 

Edited by MedicineMom
  • Like 2

For those of you that received an interview, what are you all submitting for your headshots? I have a few good photos of myself straight on, but the one I really like that I think is the most professional is in black and white. Do you think that matters? Or should I look for a colored one?

Thanks in advance!!

• Like 1

On 10/16/2020 at 9:13 PM, PaLiz2021 said:

Awesome!  Curious, what time did your email come through?  est?

I think mine came through around 3:30 on Friday! I got a second today just following up around noon!

Got my rejection on Friday afternoon so those of you who haven’t heard anything, that might mean good news is coming soon!! Thankful to have already gotten accepted into another program 😭

• Like 1

So... curious... what is everyone goin going to do to study? I pulled out all of my lecture notes and books from my A&P. There are so many options out on YouTube. Just figured I would ask 🙂

51 minutes ago, HMcConney said:

So... curious... what is everyone goin going to do to study? I pulled out all of my lecture notes and books from my A&P. There are so many options out on YouTube. Just figured I would ask 🙂

I am using a software called Visible Body Courseware. It’s an interactive dissection tool. It’s super neat! 

Does anyone know how many people they typically take on the interview waitlist and how likely it is that they'll get pulled off of it? 🙂 

Also congrats to everyone who got interviews! Wish you guys all the best!! 

• Upvote 2

On 10/20/2020 at 8:26 AM, rpop2019 said:

Does anyone know how many people they typically take on the interview waitlist and how likely it is that they'll get pulled off of it? 🙂 

Also congrats to everyone who got interviews! Wish you guys all the best!! 

I'm sorry, I don't have an answer for you.  I just wanted to wish you good luck!  I hope you called off the wait list!!!

• Upvote 1

Just curious what people chose for their campus preference. I live in the Salt Lake area so I listed that as my preferred location but that I was willing to go to the St George campus. 

11 minutes ago, AJolley said:

Just curious what people chose for their campus preference. I live in the Salt Lake area so I listed that as my preferred location but that I was willing to go to the St George campus. 

SLC. I live in the Heber Valley and my husband has an established career close by.  Our kids are all settled here in various schools. I don’t want to disrupt that if I can avoid it. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, AJolley said:

I live in Layton, husband and kids are settled here but I said I would take either location. If I get accepted to st. George I’ll move for didactic and hopefully they will work with us on clinic rotations and I can come back home... I am good either way though! It’s the U!!! 😊

• Like 1