University of Utah 2020-21 Application cycle!

Just got my invite!!!! I am in tears! Interview invite for November 20th!!! Good luck everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, sunshine05 said:

Rejected... Honestly, it’s my first time applying and I felt a strong applicant, i’m so confused... anyone else feeling this way? 

Most definitely. 

• Like 2

Same, rejected. Keep in mind that the acceptance rate is really, really, really low. Over 3000 applicants for like 40 seats? It hurts but we have to keep on working towards our goal!

22 minutes ago, sunshine05 said:

Rejected... Honestly, it’s my first time applying and I felt a strong applicant, i’m so confused... anyone else feeling this way? 

Yea, I know what you mean. I’m over here wondering if I somehow bombed my CASPer test...

Meanwhile...I’m still hanging tight. Haha. No email just yet. If it weren’t for the confirmation email, I’d think they didn’t get my application. I’m sure it’s a LONG process to notify everyone. I feel bad that they have had to work so much harder this cycle! 

I wanted to thank everyone for their kind words during this uncertain time of my life. I hope that everyone makes it. Keep your heads up we got this!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MedicineMom said:

Meanwhile...I’m still hanging tight. Haha. No email just yet. If it weren’t for the confirmation email, I’d think they didn’t get my application. I’m sure it’s a LONG process to notify everyone. I feel bad that they have had to work so much harder this cycle! 

Agreed! I can’t imagine how complicated the admissions process is. I’m hoping for the best and planning for the worst. 

• Like 1

Honestly I am in shock I received an interview. I wasn’t even going to apply this year because I didn’t feel like I was a strong applicant but I mustered up the courage to take a shot. They definitely look at more than just grades and numbers! Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back! 

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, PaLiz2021 said:

Anyone else waiting?  I wonder if it’s alphabetical?

I’m still waiting. I’ve never been more angry at non PA school related emails coming through right now, and I’m basically useless at work 🙃. My last name starts with an A but my first with a T so not sure. 

Just received my interview invite!!! Nov 20th! I can't stop crying I'm so happy!!!!!

This is my first cycle and first interview, I'm an Alum of the U and employee at the U hospital. 

Good luck to everyone else!!!!!

• Like 2

For those who got rejected, please don't get discouraged! I was accepted to UPAP as a third time applicant. It definitely is tough to keep going, but if you feel like it's what you're meant to do, keep pushing! I'd be happy to talk with anyone about being a reapplicant and my journey to PA school. Please reach out!

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, mgo811 said:

For those who got rejected, please don't get discouraged! I was accepted to UPAP as a third time applicant. It definitely is tough to keep going, but if you feel like it's what you're meant to do, keep pushing! I'd be happy to talk with anyone about being a reapplicant and my journey to PA school. Please reach out!

Thank you for sharing. I’m a first time applicant. I am on the very low side of patient care hours. What is the greatest thing you did in between applications to better yourself?  

Received an interview invite today!! I am elated!! Rejected last cycle. Anyone who has interviewed before have any advice for what to review for the basic anatomy and physiology exam we have to take??? The U is my top choice. Time to dust off the ol’ text books. Good luck everyone!!!

Edited by EmilyJean
  • Like 1