University of Tampa 2020-2021 Application cycle!

On 5/24/2020 at 6:19 PM, Galganmm said:

I was verified on 5/11 and still haven’t heard any thing!  

Edit: I received this email on 5/28!

Your application for The University of Tampa’s Physician Assistant Medicine program is now verified! Our admissions committee will review your application over the coming months. Please review the important information below regarding next steps:

• Applicants are selected for an interview based on the strength of their CASPA application, including a review of their academic preparation and the program's preferences.

• Interview invitations will be extended by Dec. 18, 2020.

• Interviews will be held Jan. 8, 15, 22 and 29, 2021.

• Professionalism throughout the application process is considered.

To ensure your application is reflective of your skills and hard work, please be sure to thoroughly complete the "Experiences" section of your CASPA application, found under "Supporting Information." This section includes areas such as non-healthcare employment, research, volunteer, patient care experience, etc. You won't be able to edit or delete existing entries, but you can add new experiences.

Best of luck to you!

Sincerely,

The University of Tampa

Office of Graduate and Continuing Studies

Physician Assistant Medicine Program Admissions

open?upn=bzWMsITA8CvJJIQ8xuXgfX5M85lNAmL

I have received this email from UT at least 4 times now? Anyone else having this happen to them?

Thanks! Good luck to everyone 🙂

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Live look at all applicants frantically refreshing their emails daily waiting on Tampa interview email 

Not me checking this forum everyday.... Good luck everyone! Thought I'd check in to say still haven't heard anything and hoping for the best 🙂

I understand you guys are nervous...we all are ...but posting your stats on here is not going to solve anything..regardless of stats, some people get in for other reasons so can we please post about i

Posted Images

On 7/26/2020 at 8:51 PM, padeb said:

Does anyone know if human biology will be ok for the gen bio I prerequisite? I haven't taken gen bio so I was going to see if human bio will cover gen I and genetics gen II. 

There is a substitute form you can submit to argue. I would do that or email! They are helpful i am substituting my second bio 2 with genetics 

On 6/21/2020 at 10:10 PM, johncfl said:

The interview process was very well organized in my opinion. We were required to take a 4 hour PA-CAT exam in addition to writing an essay. Otherwise no additional testing. 

Did they notify you before the interview that you'd be taking the PA-CAT? A little nerve wracking since I had no intention of taking that exam

I emailed the program bc I never received confirmation from them, and they said they never received my application so I emailed them the CASPA document and it clearly shows that it was 1) send out to university of tampa, and 2) my status as verified. I would recommend to EVERYONE that didnt receive a confirmation email to talk to the program ASAP because clearly there is an issue with their side of things 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, SaschaRochelle said:

Okay I see several comments about the PA-CAT being something done at the interview? Is that something happening this year too or was that a like trial of the exam? Their website states it's not required so just confused what everyone is talking about!

I think it was required during interviews last year purely as a trial run since the PA-CAT had just finished getting developed and one of the people behind this project was a University of Tampa faculty member (or alum?? I can't remember but they had some affiliation with Tampa). I don't know if they'll require it this year as well since they've been pretty tight lipped about it

14 hours ago, orchidlily12 said:

I think it was required during interviews last year purely as a trial run since the PA-CAT had just finished getting developed and one of the people behind this project was a University of Tampa faculty member (or alum?? I can't remember but they had some affiliation with Tampa). I don't know if they'll require it this year as well since they've been pretty tight lipped about it

Okay that was definitely what I was thinking it was, thank you! Guess we'll have to wait and see about it this year!

• Like 2
  • 5 weeks later...

If you're going to substitute courses for the Gen Bio I/II requirements, does anyone know if you're supposed to submit the petition form via email, or are you just supposed to submit the request with your CASPA application? It asks you to list the petition form (can't remember how it's worded) under the "downloads" tab, but is that only once the substitutions are officially approved?

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/4/2020 at 4:49 PM, CCamp said:

If you're going to substitute courses for the Gen Bio I/II requirements, does anyone know if you're supposed to submit the petition form via email, or are you just supposed to submit the request with your CASPA application? It asks you to list the petition form (can't remember how it's worded) under the "downloads" tab, but is that only once the substitutions are officially approved?

i dont think you have to submit the form for those substitutions per their website 

did you all add brand new experiences to reflect updated hours if you submitted other caspa apps previously? i am submitting tampa late and dont know if i should add a brand new experience reflecting the additional hours i have earned at the same job, wondering if anyone experienced the same thing!

You could! They also have you write total hours by Oct 1 in app questions. Both wouldn’t hurt though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1