University of Tampa 2020-2021 Application cycle!

1 hour ago, ThefuturePA said:
6 hours ago, eschulte said:

Thank you for your encouraging words. 

Through your experience- any advice on the MMI besides practicing? 
I loved the MMI questions more than traditional interview. Even though they make it sound scary when other students talk about MMI, but for me. It was perfect! You have the opportunity to prove yourself multiple times instead of just one traditional interview. Best advice is read about MMI possible questions and familiarize yourself with current events Related To PA profession. That’s the best you can do and be yourself 

Thank you 😊 

Additionally, while familiarizing yourself with the MMI process; did you practice these scenario questions with a colleague - As in the colleague was the interviewer simulating the station? If that makes sense lol. 

17 hours ago, eschulte said:

Thank you 😊 

Additionally, while familiarizing yourself with the MMI process; did you practice these scenario questions with a colleague - As in the colleague was the interviewer simulating the station? If that makes sense lol. 

Yes. So I did a mock interview and I practiced asking questions to a colleague. We would do the same to each other. We got a lot out of it. We just asked questions, timed ourselves, wrote some of them down especially w traditional interview. I highly recommend that. It’s interesting, the colleague I found, we just asked each other on one of the PA platform to do that. It helped and both are benefiting. You will only remember more. We both got in to multiple programs 

• Like 1

On 1/7/2021 at 2:06 PM, ThefuturePA said:

Yes. So I did a mock interview and I practiced asking questions to a colleague. We would do the same to each other. We got a lot out of it. We just asked questions, timed ourselves, wrote some of them down especially w traditional interview. I highly recommend that. It’s interesting, the colleague I found, we just asked each other on one of the PA platform to do that. It helped and both are benefiting. You will only remember more. We both got in to multiple programs 

Great! I will definitely work that in for practice. Thank you again 🙂

• Like 1

Well 

1) I hope today’s interviewers did well whether in person or virtual. 

2) I agree with doing mock interviews especially by existing PAs, M.D., D.O or other medical professionals familiar with the interview process. I have been doing a couple with the various Military M.D. and PAs and it is helpful for the figuring out your tells such as stuttering, word choices, and habits. 

I have my interview the 15th and can’t wait to meet a few people.

Just now, bflorece said:

Hi everyone,

For those interviewing this Friday, has Christina sent an email for which groups we’re in? So far I’ve only received the general interview day info and agenda.

I haven’t received any additional emails either. I was assuming we’d be assigned groups when we got there! 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, BaxterC said:

You should be assigned groups prior to the interview day. Different groups interview at different times, could be a 2 hour difference. I'd expect an email soon about group assignment, a timeline outlining the day, time of your interview, etc... 

I believe mine came the week of the interview outlining everything. Keep an eye on your email, and maybe your junk email folder incase it is sent from a different email address. 

Awesome, thanks for your input! 

15 hours ago, gr8jsp said:

Gave up my interview spot for Jan 29th. Good luck whoever gets it and those interviewing. 🙂

Omg I pray. I’m on the waitlist. And I’ve been literally praying for someone to cancel their interview spot (for all the right reasons of course - not wishing anything bad lol) but thank you thank you, I hope one of us hears something

Edited by AspiringFuturePA2022

59 minutes ago, Dsimosmith said:

I am still waitlisted for an interview and I just keep praying I will get a call. Does anyone know how many people are on the interview waitlist? Good luck to everyone ! 

No clue how many are waitlisted, the program would not disclose the #. But I am also on the waitlist! A current student that I spoke to said a good number of students in their cohort got interview invites at the last minute, so stay hopeful ☺️

• Like 2

On 1/4/2021 at 11:02 PM, ThefuturePA said:

Good luck to everyone who has an interview in the next few weeks!! Hang in there if you didn’t get an interview because they can send you an interview invite at anytime! UT PAM is an exceptional program, the absolute best in my opinion coming from a current UT student. 

As a current student- What do you love about the program ?