Sullivan University 2020-2021 Application Cycle!

I got the supplemental this morning but haven’t touched it yet. I’m waiting to hear back about an admissions decision from another school before I spend too much time on it. Can someone let me know if there are any essays or super time consuming items?
No essays. From what I can tell it's basically just a school application. Work history, academic history, contact and emergency info, etc.
  • Like 1

On 9/11/2020 at 1:02 PM, Curlygirl said:

Mine was one on one in an MMI format. My favorite format for interviews!! There was also a group activity with a small writing activity but do not get hung up on worrying about that. I remember it not being bad and it was definitely not anything I could have prepared for ahead of time (I am NOT a great writer - trust me). I do not know 100% how they are doing interviews this year since they are online, but that was how my interview was last year.

Is the writing assignment related to your personal statement?

• Like 1

Hey y’all

Just received and invite to interview for November 20, from the email I was sent it seems as though there was only 3 available days left each with one slot. 
For reference I applied second week of June.

Good luck to everyone who will be interviewing soon!  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Aventura said:

Hey y’all

Just received and invite to interview for November 20, from the email I was sent it seems as though there was only 3 available days left each with one slot. 
For reference I applied second week of June.

Good luck to everyone who will be interviewing soon!  

I have the same date ! I’ll see you there 😬

46 minutes ago, Toryvm said:

Hello! Just interviewed with them today as their first group of applicants this cycle. They follow a good schedule and the whole process is easy to follow. They are also all very nice! Good luck!

Would you mind sharing some information on how the interview process was and which type on interview it was MMI, traditional,  panel, group? Thanks!

22 hours ago, AjeBaje said:

Would you mind sharing some information on how the interview process was and which type on interview it was MMI, traditional,  panel, group? Thanks!

They should send out a schedule to you before your interview with a checklist of what to do beforehand, including sending a pic of yourself and completing a supplemental. As for the interviews, I’m not sure how much I’m allowed to share as they said not to give out details. There will be multiple links to follow with time slots, along with dial in options if your mic isn’t working. We had split into three groups and rotated each hour to our next session. They have almost everything but traditional, but I’d recommend still knowing yourself enough to respond to them when you have extra time. Good luck!

• Upvote 1

On 9/18/2020 at 12:30 PM, Tsundere said:

Hello! Just interviewed with them today as their first group of applicants this cycle. They follow a good schedule and the whole process is easy to follow. They are also all very nice! Good luck!

Thanks for the feedback! (if you feel comfortable saying) Is there anything you wish you had known before the interview or prepared more on? Did you feel you had enough opportunity to speak given the group style interview and being on zoom? Should I be stressing about this writing portion?!?! I appreciate any help 🙂 

1 hour ago, EnzoScoobyMama said:

Thanks for the feedback! (if you feel comfortable saying) Is there anything you wish you had known before the interview or prepared more on? Did you feel you had enough opportunity to speak given the group style interview and being on zoom? Should I be stressing about this writing portion?!?! I appreciate any help 🙂 

Altogether I felt prepared in everything. They give you ample amount of time to answer questions and breaks in between. I recommend to take advantage of their practice breakout room that they will send to you so you can make sure your camera and mic works. It wasn’t zoom like my last interview so it was new to me and I had an hour of trying to figure out why my camera wouldn’t work. Also don’t stress about the questions/writing! You have plenty of time to respond so take a deep breath, think, and talk.

• Like 1

On 9/10/2020 at 11:22 PM, Ayumi161 said:

I don’t think they do. According to their FAQ on their website it says that interviews will be going out in late 2020 and applicants should receive decision letters by the end of the year. To me this implies that they will interview everyone first before making a decision.

They do not do rolling admissions, so all interviews will be done then the acceptance letters will be sent. On rare occasion, some outstanding interviewees may receive an early acceptance letter.

• Like 1

Can someone share any interview and MMI tips? I’ve been all over YouTube. The MMI interviews scare me the most [emoji24]. Thank you all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You probably won't get any tips for specific schools because their interviews are considered proprietary information.

One of the biggest tips I can offer, for traditional interviews or otherwise, is to find a list of interview questions and record yourself answering them. Do it as if you were actually being interviewed, then go back and watch your recording. It helps to determine where you could improve. For example, if you notice that you don't make eye contact with the camera or you look at the floor/wall/ceiling when giving an answer, work on making better eye contact. This helps tremendously.
  • Like 2

You probably won't get any tips for specific schools because their interviews are considered proprietary information.

One of the biggest tips I can offer, for traditional interviews or otherwise, is to find a list of interview questions and record yourself answering them. Do it as if you were actually being interviewed, then go back and watch your recording. It helps to determine where you could improve. For example, if you notice that you don't make eye contact with the camera or you look at the floor/wall/ceiling when giving an answer, work on making better eye contact. This helps tremendously.

Thank you [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1