2020-2021 application cycle

10 minutes ago, BeachBum7 said:

Thank you for this information! I am assuming they must have a rank list then? Did they mention anything about that or if you find out where you are on the waiting list? 

All they said was if a seat becomes available, it is offered to the highest qualified applicant on the list at that time. I can't imagine they could tell you where you are on the list considering it could change as new people are added. I also don't know what qualities rank you higher or lower on the list.

Was waitlisted after interviewing last week! Not quite an acceptance but still exciting 😬 Now more waiting begins lol. Im assuming they have some type of waitlist ranking however they did not disclose that information to us on whether they do or how it would be ranked. I am sure it is some combo of your app, staff rankings and the interview day itself. 

My interview experience was also pleasant and enjoyable, from the staff/interviewers to the people interviewing alongside me. They definitely gave me a positive impression on interview day. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 8/19/2020 at 1:49 PM, icexmetal said:

Was waitlisted after interviewing last week! Not quite an acceptance but still exciting 😬 Now more waiting begins lol. Im assuming they have some type of waitlist ranking however they did not disclose that information to us on whether they do or how it would be ranked. I am sure it is some combo of your app, staff rankings and the interview day itself. 

My interview experience was also pleasant and enjoyable, from the staff/interviewers to the people interviewing alongside me. They definitely gave me a positive impression on interview day. 

Would you mind sharing how many 1 on 1 interviews you had? I received the tentative schedule and it is hard to predict if there will be 2 or 3 of them. I am interviewing on 9/17 and am sooo excited for the opportunity 🙂

16 hours ago, BeachBum7 said:

Would you mind sharing how many 1 on 1 interviews you had? I received the tentative schedule and it is hard to predict if there will be 2 or 3 of them. I am interviewing on 9/17 and am sooo excited for the opportunity 🙂

My tentative had said 2 interviews with 4 sessions total. We ended up having 6 sessions but still only 2 interviews each. It just depends on how many people there are scheduled. If you are not in an interview group you just stay in the main meeting room and talk with other candidates. You can mute and shut your screen off if you need to step away though. 

Hi everyone, 

I just received my acceptance in email today. I had the interview for a waitlist spot and was pulled off from the waitlist. So it is definitely possible to get in from the waitlist. 

As for the interview, there were two 1 to 1 sessions and the rest were presentations and q&a with the faculty and current students. hope this helps and best of luck to you all!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, keqingzhang said:

Hi everyone, 

I just received my acceptance in email today. I had the interview for a waitlist spot and was pulled off from the waitlist. So it is definitely possible to get in from the waitlist. 

As for the interview, there were two 1 to 1 sessions and the rest were presentations and q&a with the faculty and current students. hope this helps and best of luck to you all!

Congratulations! Thanks for the kind words! May I ask when you were put onto the waitlist? 

Edited by mjenni96
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SMR123 said:

For those of you who have already interviewed, did they give you your specific one-on-one interview time slots in advance? Sara emailed me the schedule for my interview tomorrow but did not tell me which time slots I will be in for my two individual interviews.

It should be on the schedule they send you. It has your name along with the name of the faculty you are interviewing with 

Placed on the waitlist today!!!! I believe that the ranking is a point system that they have. Your CASPA has a specific number of points based on certain criteria, then after your interview you also have points given based on a rubric and then we get pulled in order of who has the highest points. I feel I heard that this is the case but could be wrong! Good luck to everyone! 

• Like 1