Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 7/2/2020 at 5:03 PM, ttong27 said:

Hi! My dates are the exact same as yours and I was wondering if you've heard back from them yet?

My date for review is also 6/2. I have not heard anything either. My friend who is in the program said no news is good news. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, osakanohime said:

Does anyone know when the start date exactly is? It just says spring on their website. 

I believe I’ve read somewhere that they start in January.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/8/2020 at 12:53 AM, osakanohime said:

Does anyone know when the start date exactly is? It just says spring on their website. 

They start first week in January

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi just received an interview for July 24th. For those of you that already interviewed, how was it? Can you provide any details?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was verified on May 31 and received an email on June 25th stating my application was under review. Anyone else who reviewed an email around that time heard back yet?

Edited by osakanohime

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, osakanohime said:

Do they call or do they send you an interview invite only through email?

I received an email for the same date through email. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ChristinaB said:

Just received an interview for 8/12! 🙂 Good luck to all interviewees and congrats to those already accepted!

How long did it take for them to email back after confirming?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ChristinaB said:

Just received an interview for 8/12! 🙂 Good luck to all interviewees and congrats to those already accepted!

Congratulations!!! Do you mind sharing when you submitted CASPA/when you received email confirmation your application was under review and your stats? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@icexmetal @bvarriale  I submitted my CASPA 5/30, was verified 6/1, and got the confirmation email 6/2.

My stats are:

overall GPA: 3.44,  science GPA: 3.41, post-bac GPA: 4.0 (30 credit hours)

15,000 hrs experience as a cardiac stress test/ECG technician

Church choir member (volunteer) about 500 hours

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone else get their reject email from them and feel deeply disturbed by their approach to passing along the message? I've never seen another program cumulatively label their denied applicants as a "struggling applicant" and suggest they should pursue a less-demanding and competitive path such as radiology tech or NP....or was it just me that got that email? 😂 In all seriousness though I feel almost a relief I wasn't accepted, as a program that wants to train compassionate and empathetic PAs you would think that sentiment would begin with their admissions committee, the first department potential students interact with. Says a lot about them. Anyway, I'm curious to know if anyone else noticed that/also thinks was completely out of line, or if I'm totally overreacting. 

 

Also in case anyone is curious about my stats:

3.5 GPA 

5,000 PCE (ED tech for 1.5 years and through covid, medsurg 1 year)

600 volunteer hours (homeless medical clinic, women's clinic)

~30 shadowing (OR, trauma, ICU)

Edited by Khill0523
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Khill0523 said:

Anyone else get their reject email from them and feel deeply disturbed by their approach to passing along the message? I've never seen another program cumulatively label their denied applicants as a "struggling applicant" and suggest they should pursue a less-demanding and competitive path such as radiology tech or NP....or was it just me that got that email? 😂 In all seriousness though I feel almost a relief I wasn't accepted, as a program that wants to train compassionate and empathetic PAs you would think that sentiment would begin with their admissions committee, the first department potential students interact with. Says a lot about them. Anyway, I'm curious to know if anyone else noticed that/also thinks was completely out of line, or if I'm totally overreacting. 

 

Also in case anyone is curious about my stats:

3.5 GPA 

5,000 PCE (ED tech for 1.5 years and through covid, medsurg 1 year)

600 volunteer hours (homeless medical clinic, women's clinic)

~30 shadowing (OR, trauma, ICU)

You aren’t the only one! I was just thinking that. Doesn’t help the sting very much. Very interesting approach...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Khill0523 said:

Anyone else get their reject email from them and feel deeply disturbed by their approach to passing along the message? I've never seen another program cumulatively label their denied applicants as a "struggling applicant" and suggest they should pursue a less-demanding and competitive path such as radiology tech or NP....or was it just me that got that email? 😂 In all seriousness though I feel almost a relief I wasn't accepted, as a program that wants to train compassionate and empathetic PAs you would think that sentiment would begin with their admissions committee, the first department potential students interact with. Says a lot about them. Anyway, I'm curious to know if anyone else noticed that/also thinks was completely out of line, or if I'm totally overreacting. 

 

Also in case anyone is curious about my stats:

3.5 GPA 

5,000 PCE (ED tech for 1.5 years and through covid, medsurg 1 year)

600 volunteer hours (homeless medical clinic, women's clinic)

~30 shadowing (OR, trauma, ICU)

I didn’t receive a decision email yet but Albany was so rude to me after asking some clarifying questions about their supplemental app. In the end they basically said they don’t read the work experience section of their app and acted like I should have known that? I noticed their rude tone straight off the bat. Your stats are great, that is a ridiculous thing to say to an applicant. Hope you have better luck with other schools. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alyson said:

Hi everyone!

Received my acceptance today! This was my top program - super excited! 🙂 

Congratulations!! You are going to be a PA - this is a HUGE deal!!!

Wondering if you could tell us a bit about the vibe of the interview? Looking through the comments it seems some have been turned off by the tone of emails/admissions counselors. Would love to hear how you felt talking with them!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, SKO23 said:

Congratulations!! You are going to be a PA - this is a HUGE deal!!!

Wondering if you could tell us a bit about the vibe of the interview? Looking through the comments it seems some have been turned off by the tone of emails/admissions counselors. Would love to hear how you felt talking with them!

Absolutely positive experience all around. Staff was super laid back and relaxed, overall very conversational. Have also spoken with several alumni and current students, all have said great things about the staff and how attentive they are to students. The interview all aligned with this, my nerves diminished immediately when the interview started.

 

Super excited to commit to the program!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More