2020-2021 application cycle

On 7/2/2020 at 5:03 PM, ttong27 said:

Hi! My dates are the exact same as yours and I was wondering if you've heard back from them yet?

My date for review is also 6/2. I have not heard anything either. My friend who is in the program said no news is good news. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ChristinaB said:

Just received an interview for 8/12! 🙂 Good luck to all interviewees and congrats to those already accepted!

Congratulations!!! Do you mind sharing when you submitted CASPA/when you received email confirmation your application was under review and your stats? 

Anyone else get their reject email from them and feel deeply disturbed by their approach to passing along the message? I've never seen another program cumulatively label their denied applicants as a "struggling applicant" and suggest they should pursue a less-demanding and competitive path such as radiology tech or NP....or was it just me that got that email? 😂 In all seriousness though I feel almost a relief I wasn't accepted, as a program that wants to train compassionate and empathetic PAs you would think that sentiment would begin with their admissions committee, the first department potential students interact with. Says a lot about them. Anyway, I'm curious to know if anyone else noticed that/also thinks was completely out of line, or if I'm totally overreacting. 

Also in case anyone is curious about my stats:

3.5 GPA 

5,000 PCE (ED tech for 1.5 years and through covid, medsurg 1 year)

600 volunteer hours (homeless medical clinic, women's clinic)

~30 shadowing (OR, trauma, ICU)

Edited by Khill0523
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Khill0523 said:

Anyone else get their reject email from them and feel deeply disturbed by their approach to passing along the message? I've never seen another program cumulatively label their denied applicants as a "struggling applicant" and suggest they should pursue a less-demanding and competitive path such as radiology tech or NP....or was it just me that got that email? 😂 In all seriousness though I feel almost a relief I wasn't accepted, as a program that wants to train compassionate and empathetic PAs you would think that sentiment would begin with their admissions committee, the first department potential students interact with. Says a lot about them. Anyway, I'm curious to know if anyone else noticed that/also thinks was completely out of line, or if I'm totally overreacting. 

3.5 GPA 

You aren’t the only one! I was just thinking that. Doesn’t help the sting very much. Very interesting approach...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Khill0523 said:

3.5 GPA 

I didn’t receive a decision email yet but Albany was so rude to me after asking some clarifying questions about their supplemental app. In the end they basically said they don’t read the work experience section of their app and acted like I should have known that? I noticed their rude tone straight off the bat. Your stats are great, that is a ridiculous thing to say to an applicant. Hope you have better luck with other schools. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alyson said:

Hi everyone!

Received my acceptance today! This was my top program - super excited! 🙂 

Congratulations!! You are going to be a PA - this is a HUGE deal!!!

Wondering if you could tell us a bit about the vibe of the interview? Looking through the comments it seems some have been turned off by the tone of emails/admissions counselors. Would love to hear how you felt talking with them!

22 hours ago, SKO23 said:

Congratulations!! You are going to be a PA - this is a HUGE deal!!!

Wondering if you could tell us a bit about the vibe of the interview? Looking through the comments it seems some have been turned off by the tone of emails/admissions counselors. Would love to hear how you felt talking with them!

Absolutely positive experience all around. Staff was super laid back and relaxed, overall very conversational. Have also spoken with several alumni and current students, all have said great things about the staff and how attentive they are to students. The interview all aligned with this, my nerves diminished immediately when the interview started.

Super excited to commit to the program!