On 6/5/2020 at 11:02 PM, PATossAway123 said:

Good luck to everyone applying this cycle! I'm currently a PA student at AMC, so feel free to reach out if you have any questions regarding the program!

I believe that the admissions committee is meeting this weekend, so interview invites should follow. 

Do you feel like the faculty are supportive and care about their students? If you are on clinical rotations now, how do you like the sites/how much are you able to do as a student? Is there anything you really like or dislike about the program/anything you think we should know about it that may not be found on the website?

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

just got my acceptance!

Hi everyone,    I just received my acceptance in email today. I had the interview for a waitlist spot and was pulled off from the waitlist. So it is definitely possible to get in from the wa

Just got accepted!!! My first one!!

Did anyone else receive a confirmation email that included a checklist for references, the CASPA application, and the supplemental? 

I'm concerned since mine shows I have the supplemental and references completed, but it doesn't show they've received my CASPA application. CASPA shows that my application to Albany is completed, verified, and paid for since 6/4 so I'm a bit concerned. I just emailed Albany to see what's what.

On 6/13/2020 at 6:57 PM, UpAndComingPA said:

Also rejected! They have high standards. Most of you were rejected have significantly better stats than me. Boy...they must be looking for the 4.0s and 10,000+ hours of PCE.

I think they look for the candidate that best fits their mission holistically. I definitely don't have a 4.0 and don't even have the national average of PCE for acceptance. I think people forget it's holistic and it's not just a stats game. It's also the quality of your PS, LOR, and experiences as well. I hope this cycle goes well for you though! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Hey all! I sent my application in 06/07 and on 06/15 I received an email letting me know my application was received and would be reviewed. It mentioned it would take 7-14 days to come to a decision. A day later 06/16 I received an identical email except it changed the amount of time I’d hear a decision to 4-6 weeks. Has this happened to anyone else? I’m trying not to overthink the extension of time. 

6 minutes ago, emuenzer said:

Hey all! I sent my application in 06/07 and on 06/15 I received an email letting me know my application was received and would be reviewed. It mentioned it would take 7-14 days to come to a decision. A day later 06/16 I received an identical email except it changed the amount of time I’d hear a decision to 4-6 weeks. Has this happened to anyone else? I’m trying not to overthink the extension of time. 

Went to their virtual information session and they said they are behind in applications and were projected to get over 3k apps this cycle. They did say 4-6 weeks at the info session so no worries this is normal they are just behind. 

On 6/17/2020 at 4:41 PM, JustaPAdreamer said:

Application submitted: 5/30

Email from the program stating my application is ready for review: 6/02

I have yet to hear a decision from the program but I'm hoping for one soon! Good luck to everyone applying this cycle and congrats to those who have been offered interviews!

Hi! My dates are the exact same as yours and I was wondering if you've heard back from them yet?