2020-2021 application cycle

• 2 weeks later...
Guest aPpA5
9 hours ago, sk6699 said:

have you heard back from the school yet? 🙂

HI! Not yet, they sent me an email shortly after I applied saying i'll hear back in 7-14 business days so that will be by the latest the end of next week ! I will let you know!!

9 hours ago, aPpA5 said:

HI! Not yet, they sent me an email shortly after I applied saying i'll hear back in 7-14 business days so that will be by the latest the end of next week ! I will let you know!!

I applied the same day as you (14th) and I'm waiting to hear back as well. Last year, they sent the first set of interview invites out on May 29th... If this year follows the same timeframe, that's tomorrow! I am very nervous but excited at the prospect of hearing back so soon. Best of luck to everyone who applied!

Guest aPpA5
55 minutes ago, jparra1 said:

I applied the same day as you (14th) and I'm waiting to hear back as well. Last year, they sent the first set of interview invites out on May 29th... If this year follows the same timeframe, that's tomorrow! I am very nervous but excited at the prospect of hearing back so soon. Best of luck to everyone who applied!

Awesome! Did you apply to any other schools on the same day? I sent all mine in on the 14th lol maybe we can update each other through PM since were on the same timeline 🤣. I'm hoping we hear back tomorrow also!! PM me if you do!! 

17 minutes ago, aPpA5 said:

Awesome! Did you apply to any other schools on the same day? I sent all mine in on the 14th lol maybe we can update each other through PM since were on the same timeline 🤣. I'm hoping we hear back tomorrow also!! PM me if you do!! 

PMed you!

16 minutes ago, Shanmac28 said:

Has anyone heard anything about an interview. I have just heard my application was under review ?

I’m in the same boat as you. Got the email that my app was under review 2 weeks ago and haven’t heard anything yet! Anxiously waiting as I really like this program and the prospect of interviewing is exciting! Best of luck!

3 minutes ago, jparra1 said:

I’m in the same boat as you. Got the email that my app was under review 2 weeks ago and haven’t heard anything yet! Anxiously waiting as I really like this program and the prospect of interviewing is exciting! Best of luck!

You too! Hopefully we will find out soon because it has been two weeks.

• Upvote 1

On 6/4/2020 at 9:35 PM, Zacarias said:

I got an email saying my application is on hold until I call them regarding the ESL questions. 

The same happened to me. She wasn’t sure why it was put on hold since ESL wasn’t something I filled out. But it all got sorted out when I called! 

Guest Soccerguy7

Was just rejected earlier today.

sGPA - 3.5

cGPA - 3.5

PCE - 2500 hrs as EMT in busy city

Volunteer - 200 hr various places

PS - according to both a MD and a PA, it was excellent

LORs - PhD, PhD, coach, PA, & EMT supervisor 

EC - D3 athlete, student govt, club VP, club treasurer, 2 internships, 2 research, several random college jobs

1 hour ago, Soccerguy7 said:

sGPA - 3.5

cGPA - 3.5

EC - D3 athlete, student govt, club VP, club treasurer, 2 internships, 2 research, several random college jobs

Wow that is very surprising based on your stats. You seem like a very high level candidate in my opinion. I hope you get some interviews to other programs and accepted to a program. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Soccerguy7 said:

sGPA - 3.5

cGPA - 3.5

I was rejected today as well.

sGPA: 3.2

cGPA: 3.8

PCE: 3600 hours as Medical Scribe

volunteer: 160 volunteer hours

EC: chem and Calc tutor/TA, board member and founder of underserved pop up clinic Program in Harlem, Genetics research >2 yrs, The Bowery Mission Free medical clinic volunteer, volunteer hours in NYU ED and Mount Sinai PACU, CCAPP Mentor, and Phi Beta Kappa member. 

17 minutes ago, kmendie said:

I was rejected today as well.

sGPA: 3.2

cGPA: 3.8

PCE: 3600 hours as Medical Scribe

volunteer: 160 volunteer hours

EC: chem and Calc tutor/TA, board member and founder of underserved pop up clinic Program in Harlem, Genetics research >2 yrs, The Bowery Mission Free medical clinic volunteer, volunteer hours in NYU ED and Mount Sinai PACU, CCAPP Mentor, and Phi Beta Kappa member. 

When did you submit? I haven't gotten anything yet...besides the email that they received my application. 

I was also rejected. It's just the beginning and you only need to be accepted to one!! Good luck everyone and congrats to those moving forward. 

23 F first time applicant 

cGPA: 3.51

sGPA: 3.36

PCE: total of 2,900 -- 2,000 as a CNA in an hospital mostly on an oncology unit but also the ICU, 720 as a 24hr home aide, 180 volunteering in a small clinic in Saldan, Argentina  

HCE: 320 volunteering in a soup kitchen and Spanish speaking farm teaching health lessons

Volunteer: 340 at multiple organizations excluding the volunteering I used for HCE and PCE

Research: 480 with two different professors

Shadowing: 28 hrs -- 2 PAs and 1 MD

EC: taught a freshman year experience course, worked 2 non healthcare jobs  through college (one of which I was promoted to supervisor),  Habitat for Humanity Club, CNA, BLS certified