• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A friend of mine applied last year and gave me this information... since they are not a rolling admission school they don't typically send out invitations until after the cycle ends in January. I

I have interviewed on 12/15/20. It was early in the morning but lasted no more than 2 hours including the intro and Q&A. Interview itself was one of the best I have had (5 interviews). Very relaxe

I think this is in regards to an interview.  A successful interview is required for admission. 

6 hours ago, FuturePA6813 said:

Has anyone heard anything regarding interviews yet?

A friend of mine applied last year and gave me this information...

since they are not a rolling admission school they don't typically send out invitations until after the cycle ends in January. I've seen others say that they might be sending out invitations at the end of September but this doesn't sound right to me. In her case, she applied in the middle of December and got an interview and acceptance.

• Like 3
5 hours ago, wenzjessica said:

since they are not a rolling admission school they don't typically send out invitations until after the cycle ends in January. I've seen others say that they might be sending out invitations at the end of September but this doesn't sound right to me. In her case, she applied in the middle of December and got an interview and acceptance.

looks like from the prior application thread people heard back before January though! hoping we hear something soon!!!!

6 hours ago, wenzjessica said:

Last year the interviews started in July!

On 9/27/2020 at 11:31 AM, KPA2020 said:

I spoke with them via email and i was told GRE is waived for this cycle due to covid

Did they happen to mention if we should do anything differently/indicate somewhere if we aren’t planning on submitting the GRE since it’s not required this cycle? Just wondering because the scores are sent directly to the school and not through CASPA and I wouldn’t want them waiting on scores that aren’t coming (if that makes sense). 

19 minutes ago, Rickies said:

I was wondering if anyone else has been receiving “apply for FAFSA” emails by Long Island University? Is this for all students or is it for competitive students? Anyways thanks in advance! 

I’ve been getting them too and in the last cycle’s forum people were posting about getting them

as well. I think they go out to everyone

26 minutes ago, Rickies said:

I was wondering if anyone else has been receiving “apply for FAFSA” emails by Long Island University? Is this for all students or is it for competitive students? Anyways thanks in advance! 

I think they just have our emails registered with CASPA and it is sent out to everyone

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/13/2020 at 9:59 AM, itseatingmealive said:

The anticipation is killing me... Does anyone think we will get interview invites before January? I mean last year they began interviews in July. I accepted to another school that begins in January, but LIU is my top choice :,(

This is one of my top choices 😞 getting anxious 

• Like 1

I received an email from LIU on 6/24 stating that they received my app and it’s under review...and haven’t heard a peep since. Anyone else in this situation? I attempted to reach out to the program a month(ish) ago and never got a response..might’ve contacted the wrong person. Has anyone been successful at reaching someone from the program? This anticipation is killing me ahhh

11 hours ago, SarahMi said:

I received an email from LIU on 6/24 stating that they received my app and it’s under review...and haven’t heard a peep since. Anyone else in this situation? I attempted to reach out to the program a month(ish) ago and never got a response..might’ve contacted the wrong person. Has anyone been successful at reaching someone from the program? This anticipation is killing me ahhh

I got the same email on 6/8 and also have not heard a peep 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2020 at 7:03 PM, pateam said:

I believe LIU doesn't have a CASPA GRE code, meaning it won't show up under the standardized tests tab. If you put correct LIU GRE CODE on ETS website, your score would be sent directly to LIU. I think you are fine 🙂

whew, THANK GOD

• 4 weeks later...