2020-2021 Application Cycle

12 hours ago, eburkhalter205 said:

A few hours ago I received word that my application was under review, Very excited! Does anyone know how they do their interviews and if they have a veterans preference?  I know they are a yellow ribbon school, I am still not a 100% on what that entails. 

I know that they have a preference to Alabama residents and South students. I am not sure about veterans... We received the “under review email” a couple of weeks ago and are still waiting to hear back 

19 hours ago, AllyS said:

Has anyone contacted USA about when potential dates for interviews and/or when selections for these interviews will be? I’ve just been checking my email constantly. I’m excited for all us future PAs! 

I sent an email this morning! I can let you know when/if I hear back if you’d like? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

On 10/18/2020 at 10:15 PM, eburkhalter205 said:

A few hours ago I received word that my application was under review, Very excited! Does anyone know how they do their interviews and if they have a veterans preference?  I know they are a yellow ribbon school, I am still not a 100% on what that entails. 

Yes they do seem to try to give some preference to Veterans and do try to go out of their way to accept them.  Mrs. Lunn, co director of Clinical Education, is a veteran and heavily involved in Veteran's Resources.  I think a yellow ribbon school is just authorized to be able to offer extra benefits on campus to Veteran's.  We have three or four people in the military in my class. 

Edited by Phoenixfire24
  • Like 1