On 7/31/2020 at 8:27 PM, Marias224 said:

I recieved an email that my application was under review and invitation for interviews would be sent out in October. Does anyone know if they will wait until then to send out rejections as well? I don't want to keep checking my email a million times a day. 

I never got an email stating my app is under review or when interviews will be sent. Just one that says my GPA and things meet minimum requirements. It includes the supplemental stuff which I completed. This is all I got though, I hope nothing is messed up.

36 minutes ago, Kirby219 said:

I never got an email stating my app is under review or when interviews will be sent. Just one that says my GPA and things meet minimum requirements. It includes the supplemental stuff which I completed. This is all I got though, I hope nothing is messed up.

I would probably call/email just to make sure! I got an email stating that my app was under review and that they had received my CASPA, GRE score, and supplemental app about 1 week after I submitted everything. It doesn't hurt to double check 🙂 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, orchidlily12 said:

I would probably call/email just to make sure! I got an email stating that my app was under review and that they had received my CASPA, GRE score, and supplemental app about 1 week after I submitted everything. It doesn't hurt to double check 🙂 

Yeah. I emailed late yesterday afternoon. Especially since one of the deadlines is august 7th (at least for supplementals). I'd be so mad at myself if I missed something as silly as that, even though I clearly remember it lol

• Like 1

On 8/4/2020 at 6:50 AM, Kirby219 said:

Yeah. I emailed late yesterday afternoon. Especially since one of the deadlines is august 7th (at least for supplementals). I'd be so mad at myself if I missed something as silly as that, even though I clearly remember it lol

Hey! Did they email you back? 

4 hours ago, Jpa12 said:

Hey! Did they email you back? 

So they responded with...

"All of your documents have been received. You will receive an email regarding your application status when your application is processed."

I figured I would have heard early about being under review since I applied the first week of may.

So I got an email that I didn't meet the statistics requirement. This was back in 2011. Does anyone know the easiest way of getting access to this old syllabus? Will the university still have this on file?

On 8/5/2020 at 8:26 PM, Kirby219 said:

So they responded with...

"All of your documents have been received. You will receive an email regarding your application status when your application is processed."

I figured I would have heard early about being under review since I applied the first week of may.

Hi, I have a coworker that attended this program and has been talking to the admissions director. She told him that they would start extending interview invites closer to October! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kirby219 said:

So I got an email that I didn't meet the statistics requirement. This was back in 2011. Does anyone know the easiest way of getting access to this old syllabus? Will the university still have this on file?

Hey! Try emailing the Mathematics department chair. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Kirby219 said:

If your professor still works at the university, try emailing him/her. For another school, I needed a syllabus for my Biochemistry course. My professor didn’t have the exact one but had one from several years back he noted as almost identical in his response and the program accepted it.

4 minutes ago, Gowmar said:

If your professor still works at the university, try emailing him/her. For another school, I needed a syllabus for my Biochemistry course. My professor didn’t have the exact one but had one from several years back he noted as almost identical in his response and the program accepted it.

I found one online from 2014. But im gonna contact the chair. Thanks yall for replying

@Gowmar @Jpa12 thanks again for answering. I was able to contact the dept and the secretary was able to pull up the 2011 syllabus and email it to me. Within a few minutes I had it emailed to UAB. I just received and email stating it meets requirements and I will stay im the applicant pool!

Edited by Kirby219
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, Kirby219 said:

@Gowmar @Jpa12 thanks again for answering. I was able to contact the dept and the secretary was able to pull up the 2011 syllabus and email it to me. Within a few minutes I had it emailed to UAB. I just received and email stating it meets requirements and I will stay im the applicant pool!

Awesome! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kirby219 said:

Wonderful news! Congrats!

• Like 1