1 hour ago, BeachBum7 said:

I am crossing my fingers for those who are still waiting to hear back and I would like to congratulate those who received their acceptances! 🙂 I am still waiting to hear back from Marist regarding their decision (invite for interview/rejection). For those who interviewed with Marist already, did they tell you anything in regards to how many more interview dates there will be? Thank you so much! 

Nope they didn’t mention any that but for my day all groups considered there was around 30 interviewees. 

Edited by Willlllllll
  • Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello everyone! My name is Camille and I am currently a first year student in the Marist PA program.   Congrats to everyone who was offered an interview! You all are going to do amazing! I have c

Hi guys! My name is Maria and I'm also a first year at Marist! Like Camille said, we encourage you to reach out with any questions you may have because we understand how stressful the application proc

Received my acceptance call today! Best of luck to everyone!! I think Marist does a great job of looking at applications holistically. I did not have the strongest sGPA or the highest amount of P

14 hours ago, femeredith said:

Did everyone's interview day have about 30 students? Just want to make sure if its too late to apply

I know that there was my interview day (July 24th) and the one previously (sometime in June) as well as there’s one coming up soon in early August. I really don’t think it’s too late to apply but for reference there’s about 3 groups of about that size! 

3 hours ago, Luckylucy555 said:

Does anyone believe that marist says they only give interviews to 10-20% of applicants? Kind of skeptical about that 

I could believe it honestly probably less! A lot of programs interview a smaller percentage of total applicants. I got an interview for Emory and last year the stats say 2000 applicants and only 150 are interviewed. 

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Willlllllll said:

I could believe it honestly probably less! A lot of programs interview a smaller percentage of total applicants. I got an interview for Emory and last year the stats say 2000 applicants and only 150 are interviewed. 

Wow thats intense, i feel like last year i saw so many people get interviews thats why im doubting it

1 hour ago, Willlllllll said:

I think it's important to consume this data with a bit of critical thinking, the program is rolling in that they have begun to accept students and will continue to do so through out the cycle. Unfortunately, I believe the majority of applicants who apply towards the tail end of the cycle will get lost in the mix and may never get seen. I also believe a lot of first time applicants aren't familiar with the process, the importance of applying early and may wait until the last minute. So a large number of applicants whose applications may never get viewed towards the end of the cycle, boost the total applicant numbers without the possibility to be considered,  just food for thought. 

1 minute ago, sc215266 said:

I think it's important to consume this data with a bit of critical thinking, the program is rolling in that they have begun to accept students and will continue to do so through out the cycle. Unfortunately, I believe the majority of applicants who apply towards the tail end of the cycle will get lost in the mix and may never get seen. I also believe a lot of first time applicants aren't familiar with the process, the importance of applying early and may wait until the last minute. So a large number of applicants whose applications may never get viewed towards the end of the cycle, boost the total applicant numbers without the possibility to be considered,  just food for thought. 

Its definitely an interesting perspective, i think ur right & thats why early applications are important. I also feel as if covid-19 has an effect on this entire application cycle too which alot of applications are going to be either overlooked simply because of the time thats been wasted on dealing with the delays. 

• Upvote 2

Time sensitive question for those who were interviewed already: on the email it says the interview should end around 12:30. From y'alls experience, did the interview end before/after/on time? I know there are different groups so even if your interview was supposed to end at a different time, I would still like to know your experience. I just got another interview for the same day which starts at 1pm and I'm trying to determine if it's worth accepting or trying to ask to reschedule to a different interview day. Thank you for your help!

2 hours ago, jazzydancer said:

Time sensitive question for those who were interviewed already: on the email it says the interview should end around 12:30. From y'alls experience, did the interview end before/after/on time? I know there are different groups so even if your interview was supposed to end at a different time, I would still like to know your experience. I just got another interview for the same day which starts at 1pm and I'm trying to determine if it's worth accepting or trying to ask to reschedule to a different interview day. Thank you for your help!

If I remember correctly I interviewed on 7/24 & it ended around 12:23. Depending on how the groups are all doing on time, i know group 1 had some issues in the morning starting. So it really just depends but i think their good on timing

hope this helps!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, jazzydancer said:

I was at the same interview date as Lucy who just responded, but just wanted to add that I remember one of the staff members saying that they needed to end by 12:30 and cut questions at a certain time to ensure that. So I would say you’re fine to interview at 1 pm for another school that same day as long as you’re up for it!

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Luckylucy555 said:

Whoever did get accepted, was wondering if you guys have started looking at apartments? Dont mind me asking whats your living plan? Do you guys want roommates or havent thought of it yet?

I’m not going to get a roommate personally- I have been checking in with general prices and apartments, but have no intention of seriously considering or putting money down until about a month before the program starts.

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, Chloe7116 said:

I’m not going to get a roommate personally- I have been checking in with general prices and apartments, but have no intention of seriously considering or putting money down until about a month before the program starts.

Yeah im on board with you, especially cuz of everything going on definitely would recommend waiting until then. God forbid we cant go back & have to do online