• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello everyone! My name is Camille and I am currently a first year student in the Marist PA program.   Congrats to everyone who was offered an interview! You all are going to do amazing! I have c

Hi guys! My name is Maria and I'm also a first year at Marist! Like Camille said, we encourage you to reach out with any questions you may have because we understand how stressful the application proc

Received my acceptance call today! Best of luck to everyone!! I think Marist does a great job of looking at applications holistically. I did not have the strongest sGPA or the highest amount of P

20 minutes ago, ryangrant4242 said:

Hey everyone. Just finished the interview! Congrats all of us who interviewed today. We did it! Hopefully we will all get accepted. The faculty and staff were all so helpful, and I felt this school's interview was the most prepared and ran the most smoothly. I'm excited to hear back! We got this!!!

It was a pleasure meeting you today! Best of luck!!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, PAK2020 said:

Me too 😞 Any people who are currently wait listed want to share their stats? it seems like I'm only being wait listed to programs and not accepted , frustrating but i am trying not to lose hope!

I believe that by making it to the interview we have proven ourselves to be capable of being able to handle the academic rigors of PA school! My cGPA is 3.75 and sGPA is 3.58 and I even had a D+ on my transcript (retook and got an A+). I believe we are way more than our numbers, though, and felt treated as such during the interview! To give you more of an idea, I have over 3,000 diverse patient care experiences, 800 volunteer hours, held various leadership roles, 300 research hours, and have 90 shadowing hours across three specialities. my aforementioned poor grade was not once brought up!!! Don’t let the waitlist get you down. There is still hope 🙂 

7 hours ago, PAK2020 said:

Me too 😞 Any people who are currently wait listed want to share their stats? it seems like I'm only being wait listed to programs and not accepted , frustrating but i am trying not to lose hope!

I understand what you mean, but even though waitlisting is not as good as being accepted post-interview, you should be glad you're getting waitlisted. That's giving you many chances to be taken off a waitlist and then get an acceptance. I've done 7 interviews so far, and I got rejected from 4 of them. And still waiting to hear back from 3. Waitlist is better than rejection.

• Like 1