2020 cycle

Guest aPpA5
1 minute ago, cee2021 said:

I received a call saying my app was be sent to the admission committee! For those who got a call, did you also receive an email after? 

I did not, I just received a call!

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/25/2020 at 3:24 PM, DTHAI said:

Received a rejection today, it’s okay it wasn’t meant for me. Good luck everyone!

I wanted to say thank you for your honesty and bravery sharing, this school wasn't meant for you this cycle, but it doesn't mean you aren't a competitive applicant with tons of potential. Don't give up and I hope you find success at the perfect fit for you, best of luck! 

• Like 2

On 6/26/2020 at 10:55 AM, moldyflower7 said:

I also got a rejection email. Kinda surprised cause its so early in the cycle, and my stats are way above that of what the website says their average accepted students stats are. But, what are you gonna do. Good luck to everyone else! 

Don't be discouraged, this process is random. You said it yourself, you have competitive stats and you will find success. I believe in your journey and best of luck! One quick question, when were you submitted and verified? It gives us at least a general idea of where they're at in evaluating applications on a rolling basis, thank you and again, wish you the best life has to offer!

1 hour ago, BCgirl32 said:

I got my acceptance call from Marist today as well! It seems to be an amazing school with faculty that want you to succeed. I feel very lucky to have been selected for the upcoming class. I am happy to answer questions about my application. Good luck to all!

2 hours ago, LS1010 said:

Received my acceptance call today! Best of luck to everyone!!

I think Marist does a great job of looking at applications holistically. I did not have the strongest sGPA or the highest amount of PCE but I had a lot of variety in my experiences, a strong personal statement, and I believe very strong LOR's from a PA and a physician I work clinically with, an academic professor, and previous employer. I also had a lot of research experience which I think is unique. 

Feel free to PM me if you have specific questions, I'll try to answer them 🙂 

Congrats! When was your interview?

I received an acceptance today as well after interviewing on 6/26! Every member of Marist's staff was so welcoming and made the experience extremely enjoyable! I am honored to have been selected. I am also free to answer any questions on my application 🙂 Good luck to everyone!!!!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DrewPA77 said:

I received an acceptance today as well after interviewing on 6/26! Every member of Marist's staff was so welcoming and made the experience extremely enjoyable! I am honored to have been selected. I am also free to answer any questions on my application 🙂 Good luck to everyone!!!!

Congrats!!!! Marist is one of my top schools so I'd love to know your stats & details about the interview on Zoom. I personally feel a little anxious interviewing through video calls because I want to make sure I can shine through a virtual setting. Thanks!!

• Like 1

On 6/29/2020 at 3:49 PM, LS1010 said:

Received my acceptance call today! Best of luck to everyone!!

I think Marist does a great job of looking at applications holistically. I did not have the strongest sGPA or the highest amount of PCE but I had a lot of variety in my experiences, a strong personal statement, and I believe very strong LOR's from a PA and a physician I work clinically with, an academic professor, and previous employer. I also had a lot of research experience which I think is unique. 

Feel free to PM me if you have specific questions, I'll try to answer them 🙂 

I feel like they didn't look at my application holistically because with a 3.12 overall GPA i know that's not the strongest, but my sGPA is 3.48, I have a master's with a 4.0, and my overall GPA when you eliminate my garbage undergrad career is a 3.65. Yes, my PCE is on the lower side but I am a career changer that has a lot of experience to bring to a program and the profession. My personal statement is strong, my LORs are strong from a PA, a professor, a clinical supervisor who is now a part of FEMA, and my current employer. Plus, I bring maturity and years of true leadership experience. 

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, LS1010 said:

You sounds like an awesome applicant with so much to bring to a program, I'm really sorry they didn't see that 😞 I'm sure another program will see all you can offer, best of luck  🙂 

Thank you. I am just so disappointed. It's funny because I was rejected by them when I was applying to undergrad as well! I guess I am just not meant to attend Marist. But I wish you much luck in whichever program you choose. 

32 minutes ago, ChefKibbles said:

Congrats to everyone who received their acceptance!!!

Has anyone received further instructions after the acceptance call?

Hello! No I have not, I thought they may email with instructions about making a deposit for my seat but nothing yet. I'm looking forward to hearing more though!

1 hour ago, BCgirl32 said:

Hello! No I have not, I thought they may email with instructions about making a deposit for my seat but nothing yet. I'm looking forward to hearing more though!

Yeah i thought the instructions would be emailed as well. My only concern is about holding the spot in the time frame they gave. I'm super excited to hear more from them as well 🙂