2020-2021 Application Cycle

16 hours ago, Willlllllll said:

I was under the impression that if the school requires 3 LOR and there’s more they would just choose 3 at random. 

When I was in the info session they mentioned that they read all of them because they value the insight provided by the LORs. Well that was just one persons statement but they are part of the admission process I believe (so hopefully I am not spreading lies).. Now I am not sure who originally posted it, but my understanding is that you should have gotten the application in process notification. I hope you get it soon! 🙂

EDIT....

Oops. I posted without reading I guess and that @dyang1109 got the email. How foolish of me to not read. Sorry guys

Edited by TylerV
  • Like 1

Would anyone who has been through the supplemental section for Emory, be willing to take a look at mines and provide me with some feedbacks? I'm not the best writer and would love to have someone who's been through the same process take a look at my essay. 

Hey guys, I hope to call a few of you classmates next year! Here is what I've got....

Submitted CASPA - May 31

Verified in CASPA - June 5th

Under Emory Review  - June 9th

Interview offer - June 9th

Stats in case anyone is wondering, I know I was curious...

GPA - 3.92

GRE - 302

PCE - +2,600 (MA, EMT, EKG, Scribe, Orthopedic Tech)

Volunteer - 800

Shadowing -  160

I wish every single one of you guys the best of luck and hope that we all go to schools that being us the most success!

May the odds ever be in your favor ❤️ Patiently waiting to know what "late summer means"!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Guest wildalaska

Looks like last year's cycle started receiving actual dates for their interviews around this time... I'll be checking my email obsessively (as if I wasn't already!)

2 minutes ago, wildalaska said:

Looks like last year's cycle started receiving actual dates for their interviews around this time... I'll be checking my email obsessively (as if I wasn't already!)

Man. I was trying to have a nice relaxing Thursday. Well that's ruined 🤣

I'll post if I get anything and be sure to let us know if you do! 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Crschr said:

I have received an interview invite as well -- with the additional email to be sent in late summer stating the date? Who else have received the invite? I see @Schnoopie has. Any idea on when Emory generally interviews? October? November? 

Last week of August was the first interviews last year. The first email containing date was June 11th(per the forum). So hopefully we will be hearing very soon about our actual dates. 🙂

On 6/12/2020 at 3:31 PM, hopefulPA33 said:

When was your application marked complete?🙂 

I submitted my application on June 1st. Application received email from CASPA June 2nd. Application complete email from Emory June 8th. Interview email from Emory June 9th. 

As for the interview timeline, it is stated in the email: 

Competitive applicants will be invited for personal interviews during September 2020 - October 2020.

2 minutes ago, Kirby219 said:

How do you feel about virtual interviews?? They make me much more nervous than in person.

Not really a fan! I’ve done one so far it was tough finding a room, making sure everyone was quiet including my dog. It also makes for a weird group interview because you can’t pick up body language for when someone is about to speak and everyone ends up kind of speaking over each other. But from the looks of it it’ll be MMI but no group. 

• Like 1

Guest wildalaska

My interview is in person at Emory, on 09/11/2020 at 7:30 am!

EDIT: It was an error. A second email was sent out correcting the interviews to say they are virtual!

Edited by wildalaska