Case Western Application 2020-2021

@ktepp Hi there, I just interviewed today 9/10 and the format went really smoothly via zoom. The format includes three 15-20 minutes mini interviews (2 one-on-one, and 1 two-on-on). You'll be placed into a breakout room, where the interviewers will come to you! Questions will vary but expect they really want to learn about YOU! Faculty members were all very personable and made it very comfortable for me to be myself. I felt it was more of a conversation rather than an interview. There'll be an opportunity to talk to current PA-S and ask questions, financial aid discussion, and a closing ceremony to ask any questions with the program director (who is so corky and funny). 

The roughest part was getting up at 4 AM PST (west coast wut wut) for the welcoming ceremony. But overall I am very glad I picked Case Western

Got a call from them 3 hours afterward to find out they offer me a spot! Extremely grateful

Don't worry if you don't hear back as early. Considerations are extended all the way up to March. 

Good luck everyone 🙂

Edited by Bryce
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, Bryce said:

@ktepp Hi there, I just interviewed today 9/10 and the format went really smoothly via zoom. The format includes three 15-20 minutes mini interviews (2 one-on-one, and 1 two-on-on). You'll be placed into a breakout room, where the interviewers will come to you! Questions will vary but expect they really want to learn about YOU! Faculty members were all very personable and made it very comfortable for me to be myself. I felt it was more of a conversation rather than an interview. There'll be an opportunity to talk to current PA-S and ask questions, financial aid discussion, and a closing ceremony to ask any questions with the program director (who is so corky and funny). 

The roughest part was getting up at 4 AM PST (west coast wut wut) for the welcoming ceremony. But overall I am very glad I picked Case Western

Got a call from them 3 hours afterward to find out they offer me a spot! Extremely grateful

Don't worry if you don't hear back as early. Considerations are extended all the way up to March. 

Good luck everyone 🙂

Hello, thank you so much for sharing your experience! I have interview scheduled on 24th as well, so I am getting nervous and excited! I am from West Coast too so I am happy to hear that they offered you a spot! When they sent me an interview invitation, they said they will send me a personalized interview schedule after the deadline (9/4), however I haven't received any... when did you get your personalized schedule before interview date? Again, congratulations!!

3 hours ago, PaPark said:

Hello, thank you so much for sharing your experience! I have interview scheduled on 24th as well, so I am getting nervous and excited! I am from West Coast too so I am happy to hear that they offered you a spot! When they sent me an interview invitation, they said they will send me a personalized interview schedule after the deadline (9/4), however I haven't received any... when did you get your personalized schedule before interview date? Again, congratulations!!

Thank you!

I didn't get a personalized schedule up until 2 days before the actual interview. For some reason, some of their emails got forwarded to my spam account (including my interview invitation) so do check it once awhile. 

Good luck 🙂

Edited by Bryce
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, prepasitora said:

I have a question for those that already interviewed. My schedule is blocked from 7 AM to 4 PM. Did your interview take all day as well? Please let me know, Thank you. 

Be present for the first 90 minutes for the opening ceremony where the director will go over the program. Afterward, you can turn your camera off and do your thing until your scheduled interview time. At noon, there is an opportunity to meet the current PA students to hear about their experience and ask questions. There will be times they will be playing the financial aid video for you while in the waiting room. Be present at the closing ceremony to recap and ask any final questions to the director.

Edited by Bryce

Congratulations to those who have been called!

I'm feeling a little discouraged. I know they said if we didn't get a call, don't panic, but what are the odds you will still get called if you didn't impress them enough on the day?

I felt like I was getting good feedback/compliments and the interviewers even agreed with my responses but now I'm beginning to think they were just being nice. 

Any alumni here that can give some insight on how many people in each class are not accepted on the day of the interview and accepted later on?

Edited by dreamspa

On 9/21/2020 at 10:03 AM, MIriam said:

@Clanella May I ask you when you received the confirmatione-mail that your application was completed?

I tried looking for any correspondence I had from CWRU in regards to my submitted application but I honestly can't seem to find any in my email. I never delete any confirmations so I'm not sure if I ever even got one. CASPA says I submitted on August 16th though.

13 hours ago, dreamspa said:

Congratulations to those who have been called!

I'm feeling a little discouraged. I know they said if we didn't get a call, don't panic, but what are the odds you will still get called if you didn't impress them enough on the day?

I felt like I was getting good feedback/compliments and the interviewers even agreed with my responses but now I'm beginning to think they were just being nice. 

Any alumni here that can give some insight on how many people in each class are not accepted on the day of the interview and accepted later on?

I am feeling the same way! I'm not sure if you were there during this Q&A session with the students, but one of the students said she had gone out to dinner with two other interviewees and they both received phone calls, and she did not get one. However, months later she received a seat offer! Another student also said she did not get accepted right away either.

But I feel the same away about the faculty responding well to my answers, and I think they are just really friendly. Which is obviously a wonderful thing, but now I'm questioning how well I actually interviewed. 

This was my second time interviewing with Case, so I was super down when I didn't receive a phone call the night of. But all you can do is wait from here on out! Good luck with other interviews! 🙂