20’ - 21’ Cycle

I just emailed the program and they told me they dont plan on interviewing anymore applicants. This is what I got from them:

Hello Andrew, 

Thank you for applying to the MSPAS program at Dominican University of California. Your application has been reviewed, but at this time you have not been selected for an interview. Currently, there are no further plans to interview more students; however, if that changes, you'll be contacted should your file be selected for an interview. 

Thanks for your patience.

Kind regards, 

Katherine Vaughan

On 10/27/2020 at 10:12 PM, russianair said:

For those accepted, would you mind sharing your stats? Thanks.

B.S. Biology

Overall GPA: 3.29

Science Overal GPA: 3.12

PCE: 4 years working in Clinical Research 

PA shadowing: 4 hours (did one shadowing session in urgent care then the pandemic hit) 

Hope this helps. 

1 hour ago, PA408 said:

B.S. Biology

Overall GPA: 3.29

Science Overal GPA: 3.12

PCE: 4 years working in Clinical Research 

PA shadowing: 4 hours (did one shadowing session in urgent care then the pandemic hit)

I was waitlisted - here are my stats....

Caucasian male

BA biology

Overall GPA - 3.9

Science GPA - 3.8

PCE 8yrs as a paramedic / 10 yrs as a cardiovascular tech /  2 yrs as a ER tecH

shadowing -

shadowed a PA - >100hrs

shadowed a Cardiologist > 100hrs

shadowed an NP > 75hrs

Volunteering - 200+ hours at a clinic that provides primary care / urgent care services to the underserved 

Edited by ParamedicALS79

On 10/27/2020 at 10:12 PM, russianair said:

For those accepted, would you mind sharing your stats? Thanks.

B.S. Chemistry

Overall GPA: 3.17

Last 60 semester units: 4.00

Science Overal GPA: 3.24

PCE: 2 years as an EMT, 1 year as a Paramedic 

PA shadowing: 50 hours, all primary care

Volunteering: 50 hours

On 11/2/2020 at 2:05 PM, 25338891 said:

Did anyone take their prerequisites through Portage Learning through Geneva College? Did the program accept your prerequisites taken through them?

I did! Took college algebra and statistics at portage, as well as other non-required science classes. I was invited and interviewed back in September.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, melina228 said:

For those who have been accepted, congratulations!! I have an interview coming up this Saturday, does anyone have any tips or advice as to how to prepare? Were the questions traditional, ethical, behavioral? Any help would be appreciated!

Honest advice without being unethical is... Be yourself and make the most of your time. I felt that the interview was extremely short in comparison to the last year that I applied. Probably due to it being on zoom, but try to make an impression early because the amount of time you are actually going to be speaking is pretty short and shared amongst dozens of other students in some cases. For September interviews, they stuck to the schedule that they send you in the email down to the minute. That is the best advice that I can give without oversharing the experience and giving some an unfair advantage. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, JaythePA said:

Honest advice without being unethical is... Be yourself and make the most of your time. I felt that the interview was extremely short in comparison to the last year that I applied. Probably due to it being on zoom, but try to make an impression early because the amount of time you are actually going to be speaking is pretty short and shared amongst dozens of other students in some cases. For September interviews, they stuck to the schedule that they send you in the email down to the minute. That is the best advice that I can give without oversharing the experience and giving some an unfair advantage. 

I completely agree, this is perfect advice!

Good luck to everyone on Saturday!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alexisv97 said:

Nope, but I did receive an email saying to let them know if I hadn't received them yet.. 🤷

We had the same issue with the first interview session. I emailed them and they said at 5pm (I think. Could have been 4pm) we would get zoom links. And right on the clock at 5pm we got them. 

Good luck everyone interviewing tomorrow! 

I visited campus yesterday and it is beautiful 🤩 

40 minutes ago, JaythePA said:

how did the interviews go guys?

This was my first PA interview so I don't have a lot to compare it to. But, like you mentioned a few days prior, the actual time being interviewed felt really short. I think we were asked a total of 5 or 6 questions, so definitely not a lot of time to showcase who you are. Overall, everyone was very kind, and the program looks great. Based on the initial zoom introduction, I think there were around 50 people being interviewed. 

7 hours ago, JaythePA said:

how did the interviews go guys?

Hi Jay! 
thank you so much for your advice, I felt like i more of a clearer idea of how the interview would look like! It was very relaxing actually and the most comfortable interview I’ve had thus far! The questions were very fair and the faculty did an amazing job of making the students feel more at ease. I had an overall great experience! 

20 hours ago, alexisv97 said:

This was my first PA interview so I don't have a lot to compare it to. But, like you mentioned a few days prior, the actual time being interviewed felt really short. I think we were asked a total of 5 or 6 questions, so definitely not a lot of time to showcase who you are. Overall, everyone was very kind, and the program looks great. Based on the initial zoom introduction, I think there were around 50 people being interviewed. 

12 hours ago, melina228 said:

Hi Jay! 
thank you so much for your advice, I felt like i more of a clearer idea of how the interview would look like! It was very relaxing actually and the most comfortable interview I’ve had thus far! The questions were very fair and the faculty did an amazing job of making the students feel more at ease. I had an overall great experience! 

Im glad you guys had a good experience. I hope that now you understand what I meant by the actual interview phase being extremely short. I hope you guys get that exciting call in the coming weeks. I actually missed my call 😞 but the voicemail was pretty exciting. Feel free to let us know the news when you get it. 

Hi everyone! For those that interviewed, does anyone know if any announcement was made in the beginning about whether we are required to send in a professional photo? My internet dropped for a minute in our introductions and I just wanted to make sure we had no additional actions required post-interview. Thanks! Best of luck to all of you!

3 hours ago, CaliAbcPA said:

Hi everyone! For those that interviewed, does anyone know if any announcement was made in the beginning about whether we are required to send in a professional photo? My internet dropped for a minute in our introductions and I just wanted to make sure we had no additional actions required post-interview. Thanks! Best of luck to all of you!

nothing about that in our september interview group

Hi all! So in terms of Dominicans accreditation, does anyone know when they are up for their next review? Also if Dominican were to lose their accreditation after Aug 2021, students who start next year would be able to graduate and sit for the PANCE right? I'm a little confused about it all and worried about attending a program that isn't fully accredited.

38 minutes ago, NFPA24 said:

Hi all! So in terms of Dominicans accreditation, does anyone know when they are up for their next review? Also if Dominican were to lose their accreditation after Aug 2021, students who start next year would be able to graduate and sit for the PANCE right? I'm a little confused about it all and worried about attending a program that isn't fully accredited.

I have friends who are currently attending Samuel Merritt PA school. They had been placed on probation as well and my friend told me that regardless of if they lost accreditation, they would still be able to graduate the people that are still in the program and be allowed to take the PANCE. I would imagine that Dominican and all other PA schools would work the same way, but I couldn't be sure.  

• Like 1