Poor GPA, Need plan for future--All advice welcome

Hey everyone,

I'm currently setting up a plan of action for the next year or so and need a bit of advice. I graduated from a UC last year with a not-so-stellar undergraduate GPA of 2.98. Since then I have re-taken some of the classes I did poorly in during college and also some pre-requites and have managed to get a 3.7 at my community college since then. I am basically done with all my prerequisites for PA school and am wondering what I should do next to further improve my application. I am also currently volunteering for a large hospital. Should I be looking to do a formal post-bac program or simply just take more classes at my CC. Or should I stop taking classes altogether and look for a decent job that would give my HCE (since all I have is volunteering experience as of now)?

Thanks in advanced for the advice.

Hey everyone,

I'm currently setting up a plan of action for the next year or so and need a bit of advice. I graduated from a UC last year with a not-so-stellar undergraduate GPA of 2.98. Since then I have re-taken some of the classes I did poorly in during college and also some pre-requites and have managed to get a 3.7 at my community college since then. I am basically done with all my prerequisites for PA school and am wondering what I should do next to further improve my application. I am also currently volunteering for a large hospital. Should I be looking to do a formal post-bac program or simply just take more classes at my CC. Or should I stop taking classes altogether and look for a decent job that would give my HCE (since all I have is volunteering experience as of now)?

Hey everyone,

Consider getting an associates in nursing, respiratory or paramedic at the CC. After you graduate, work for a few years in that field to get solid HCE. This will help your GPA and give you top tier HCE, making your application as competitive as possible. It take time, but if being a PA is your goal, it's worth the investment; this route worked for me. Good luck.

Consider getting an associates in nursing, respiratory or paramedic at the CC. After you graduate, work for a few years in that field to get solid HCE. This will help your GPA and give you top tier HCE, making your application as competitive as possible. It take time, but if being a PA is your goal, it's worth the investment; this route worked for me. Good luck.

Archived