2020-2021 Application Cycle

Hey ya’ll,
I know this might be a long shot but Im supposed to be interviewing today and havent received a zoom link from the program. Anyone else in the same predicament or able to reach the program? I’ve tried calling but due to covid no one is in the office. 

The link is listed on the bottom of your personalized interview time sheet that was sent to your email! You’ll copy the URL into your browser, enter the password, and there will be a page that comes up with all the info you need! Best of luck today!!

1 minute ago, sawood said:

The link is listed on the bottom of your personalized interview time sheet that was sent to your email! You’ll copy the URL into your browser, enter the password, and there will be a page that comes up with all the info you need! Best of luck today!!

Yea I havent recieved that email LOL. Checked my spam and everything  

I just wanted to reach out of on the forum as I still haven't received any communication from the program about the status of my application. Does anyone know if rejection emails have gone out already? It just seems strange to me that the program would wait till after interview week to send out rejection emails.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

On 10/6/2020 at 12:15 PM, SmithJWS said:

I just wanted to reach out of on the forum as I still haven't received any communication from the program about the status of my application. Does anyone know if rejection emails have gone out already? It just seems strange to me that the program would wait till after interview week to send out rejection emails.

I also have not received any communication and tomorrow is the last day to interview... So I assume they will send those emails out after the interviews and admissions decisions have gone out. I too find that odd that they wait, I have even had programs not even let me know that I had to reach out and confirm I did not get in. 

• Upvote 1

I also have not received any communication and tomorrow is the last day to interview... So I assume they will send those emails out after the interviews and admissions decisions have gone out. I too find that odd that they wait, I have even had programs not even let me know that I had to reach out and confirm I did not get in. 

Whoa did I miss something? How do you know that tomorrow is the last day to interview?

Quick question for those that got accepted I know the program has a preference for North Carolina residents and veterans did you all fit that category just curious ?
Congrats to those accepted. 

Although I am not a resident of North Carolina (nor am I a veteran), I do reside in an rural, underserved area in Virginia (less than 3 hours from Chapel Hill). I am a first generation student that survived high school by sleeping on the couches of various friends and sneaking food from the lunch line. I worked full time throughout my undergraduate degree to pay for tuition and living expenses, completed a master’s degree in nine months time (which started when I was 7 weeks postpartum so I had to manage full time graduate courses and a newborn), and have experiences that show I’m dedicated to providing care in rural and underserved communities. Rather than residing in NC or being a veteran, I think my personal acceptance was based off of my personal experiences, and even more so geared towards my values aligning with their mission statement. I hope this helps.. and someone else is able to give you more insight - but I do know there were acceptances for in-state and veteran applicants as we had a group discussion during the week of interviews. I’d be happy to answer any questions that you may have!
  • Like 1

On 10/15/2020 at 8:40 PM, ChelseaAlfonso said:

Quick question for those that got accepted I know the program has a preference for North Carolina residents and veterans did you all fit that category just curious ?

Congrats to those accepted. 

First of all, thank you very much.

I am also not a North Carolina resident, nor am I a veteran. I reside in the NYC metro area. However, similarly to sawood, I believe my acceptance was based off my deliberate efforts to provide care in an underserved region, as well as my non-healthcare experiences that indirectly influenced my interest in becoming a PA (particularly a PA that would serve in a preventative care capacity). I am also happy to answer any questions that you or anyone else has.

Sidenote: if accepted students have already formed a groupchat, I would very much like to get involved (I just officially committed).

• Like 2