Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Yea I still haven't heard a peep either. Bummed cuz I actually thought that interview went really well... I'm pretty confused. And I'm not sure why I haven't received any form of communication, even as a notification that they are still working on it and when I should expect to get an admission decision. 

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I find the arguing disheartening right now. Just found out that for the second year in a row, I am ten people away from making my dream come true. I know a lot of people are in the same boat. Let’s al

I also got an early acceptance call from my 2/6 interview! Looking forward to connecting with you all!  

Stop spamming the forum with this question please. If you would like to know, please ask in DM.

Posted Images

Yeah... I see this as a big red flag right now.  Kinda reminds me of that show American Greed where people get caught up in Ponzie schemes, etc.  My last email did say that they would "send out a letter," so I wonder if we are getting actual letters in the mail.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Lholloway14 said:

I sent an email asking for an update this morning. She just emailed me back stating that she received the decisions today and will be emailing them out shortly. 

Thank you for letting us know! My anxiety has shot way up now haha

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lholloway14 said:

Oh my gosh I know! My heart started beating faster when I read that email!!

I can imagine! I am ready to finally know where we all stand. This has certainly been a difficult process for all of us waiting!

Whatever the outcome, we should all be proud of ourselves. It is very hard to earn an interview. Best of luck and hopefully we will be getting some good news! 

 

 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you to those who reached out and emailed for updates from the program. 

For those who have been waiting patiently, I anticipate that we'll be receiving an email notifying us of our standing on the waitlist. Acceptances are commonly paired with a phone call from faculty and I doubt anyone will be calling this late in the day. I also don't think this practice of unprofessionalism would be directed towards their accepted and valued candidates, tbh. 

I'm gravely disappointed how SMU has conducted their business. Their inability to meet self imposed deadlines and lack of updates for their applicants is unprofessional and does not practice good communication--Don't forget that "communication" is a point of emphasis in their core values too, so the hypocrisy is not reassuring. One has to wonder if the former and latter are reasons why they are on probation for accreditation.

Although Dr. De Rosa stated during the interview that the reasons for probation were easily fixable and not of concern for incoming students, their inactions thus far make me feel otherwise. Don't forget that Dr. De Rosa also stated: "Don't worry if you do not receive a phone call for early admission, we WILL let you know by 3/1 of our decisions". This promise was relayed to you by the Chairman/program director himself--a task that has since gone unfulfilled; This should worry every one, accepted or not.

As potential students, we want a program that empathizes and is willing to help us achieve our dreams; not a program that leaves us in the dark.  Even those who have already been accepted to SMU are in states of apprehension and wondering if they will receive an email after they paid their deposit.  The severe delays in common protocol is daunting. Those who defend SMU's delays have good excuses, but then I ask myself "Why have I heard from every single program that I applied to this year already though?" 

To those who are awaiting decisions and will ultimately be waitlisted, don't let this dishearten you! There are 250+ programs out there that will respect your time, money, and efforts and want you to be a part of what they're building. I am a big proponent for "everything happens for a reason". In pursuit of this respected profession, we are often times blinded by this desire that we forget to ask "is this program best for us?"

On that note, even if SMU allows me to enter their program, I will politely decline due to these displays of unprofessionalism and the incapacity to meet self imposed deadlines. I fortunately have been accepted to other programs and will be selecting from that bunch. 

Don't lose hope everyone! I am a much older applicant that most. This journey for me has been a 12 year process, filled with rejections (112 and counting) and a ton of tears, but I promise that heart break will be worth it when you get that one phone call from a program that really wants you. Good luck!

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, philvnthropy said:

Thank you to those who reached out and emailed for updates from the program. 

For those who have been waiting patiently, I anticipate that we'll be receiving an email notifying us of our standing on the waitlist. Acceptances are commonly paired with a phone call from faculty and I doubt anyone will be calling this late in the day. I also don't think this practice of unprofessionalism would be directed towards their accepted and valued candidates, tbh. 

I'm gravely disappointed how SMU has conducted their business. Their inability to meet self imposed deadlines and lack of updates for their applicants is unprofessional and does not practice good communication--Don't forget that "communication" is a point of emphasis in their core values too, so the hypocrisy is not reassuring. One has to wonder if the former and latter are reasons why they are on probation for accreditation.

Although Dr. De Rosa stated during the interview that the reasons for probation were easily fixable and not of concern for incoming students, their inactions thus far make me feel otherwise. Don't forget that Dr. De Rosa also stated: "Don't worry if you do not receive a phone call for early admission, we WILL let you know by 3/1 of our decisions". This promise was relayed to you by the Chairman/program director himself--a task that has since gone unfulfilled; This should worry every one, accepted or not.

As potential students, we want a program that empathizes and is willing to help us achieve our dreams; not a program that leaves us in the dark.  Even those who have already been accepted to SMU are in states of apprehension and wondering if they will receive an email after they paid their deposit.  The severe delays in common protocol is daunting. Those who defend SMU's delays have good excuses, but then I ask myself "Why have I heard from every single program that I applied to this year already though?" 

To those who are awaiting decisions and will ultimately be waitlisted, don't let this dishearten you! There are 250+ programs out there that will respect your time, money, and efforts and want you to be a part of what they're building. I am a big proponent for "everything happens for a reason". In pursuit of this respected profession, we are often times blinded by this desire that we forget to ask "is this program best for us?"

On that note, even if SMU allows me to enter their program, I will politely decline due to these displays of unprofessionalism and the incapacity to meet self imposed deadlines. I fortunately have been accepted to other programs and will be selecting from that bunch. 

Don't lose hope everyone! I am a much older applicant that most. This journey for me has been a 12 year process, filled with rejections (112 and counting) and a ton of tears, but I promise that heart break will be worth it when you get that one phone call from a program that really wants you. Good luck!

Very well said and I wholeheartedly agree. Thank you for posting this. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, sndaniels8 said:

At the top of every hour I am internally panicking because I think this is the hour 😫

I feel like you guys are trapped in a masochistic relationship with this school 😂

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

All this back and forth on the forums reminds me of some of my day to day interactions with patients. Patients will sit in the exam room and complain about the wait times and then when the doctor finally enters the exam room, the patient is suddenly quiet and grateful 😂😅. Waiting sucks but I think pestering and complaining doesn't make things happen any quicker than they will (it may help to relieve some stress though). When you're stuck in traffic and are kissing the car infront of you foot by foot, beeping won't speed traffic up. Just some perspective.

I agree that a follow-up email SHOULD be sent out and would be a courteous act. Possibly something to bring up with them at a later time after receiving decisions. Try not to take it personal. I don't believe that they are intentionally making you wait to torment you. Last thing I'd want is a patient to sentence me to the guillotine if I don't make it to see them exactly at their appt time because I was sidetracked with educating and treating another patient. You will get your time 🙏🏻

A question to ask yourself, if youre so angry at them for not meeting their deadline and making you wait, if you are accepted will you attend this program? If not then why drive yourself crazy with checking emails and posting on the forum.

Patience is a virtue. 

I hope everyone will hear back sometime today and can get some peace of mind. 

Please don't subject me to cancel culture 😭.. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ninjahmc said:

All this back and forth on the forums reminds me of some of my day to day interactions with patients. Patients will sit in the exam room and complain about the wait times and then when the doctor finally enters the exam room, the patient is suddenly quiet and grateful 😂😅. Waiting sucks but I think pestering and complaining doesn't make things happen any quicker than they will (it may help to relieve some stress though). When you're stuck in traffic and are kissing the car infront of you foot by foot, beeping won't speed traffic up. Just some perspective.

I agree that a follow-up email SHOULD be sent out and would be a courteous act. Possibly something to bring up with them at a later time after receiving decisions. Try not to take it personal. I don't believe that they are intentionally making you wait to torment you. Last thing I'd want is a patient to sentence me to the guillotine if I don't make it to see them exactly at their appt time because I was sidetracked with educating and treating another patient. You will get your time 🙏🏻

A question to ask yourself, if youre so angry at them for not meeting their deadline and making you wait, if you are accepted will you attend this program? If not then why drive yourself crazy with checking emails and posting on the forum.

Patience is a virtue. 

I hope everyone will hear back sometime today and can get some peace of mind. 

Please don't subject me to cancel culture 😭.. 

ok

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, ninjahmc said:

All this back and forth on the forums reminds me of some of my day to day interactions with patients. Patients will sit in the exam room and complain about the wait times and then when the doctor finally enters the exam room, the patient is suddenly quiet and grateful 😂😅. Waiting sucks but I think pestering and complaining doesn't make things happen any quicker than they will (it may help to relieve some stress though). When you're stuck in traffic and are kissing the car infront of you foot by foot, beeping won't speed traffic up. Just some perspective.

I agree that a follow-up email SHOULD be sent out and would be a courteous act. Possibly something to bring up with them at a later time after receiving decisions. Try not to take it personal. I don't believe that they are intentionally making you wait to torment you. Last thing I'd want is a patient to sentence me to the guillotine if I don't make it to see them exactly at their appt time because I was sidetracked with educating and treating another patient. You will get your time 🙏🏻

A question to ask yourself, if youre so angry at them for not meeting their deadline and making you wait, if you are accepted will you attend this program? If not then why drive yourself crazy with checking emails and posting on the forum.

Patience is a virtue. 

I hope everyone will hear back sometime today and can get some peace of mind. 

Please don't subject me to cancel culture 😭.. 

I disagree.

If they expect us to meet all their deadlines and pay fees for a chance to get into their school, then the least that can be done is an email keeping prospective applicants in the loop. It’s as simple as that. Everyone is extremely justified to feel panicked, anxious and upset.

It’s not a matter of patience on our part, it’s a lack of professionalism on theirs.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, qzealand said:

I disagree.

If they expect us to meet all their deadlines and pay fees for a chance to get into their school, then the least that can be done is an email keeping prospective applicants in the loop. It’s as simple as that. Everyone is extremely justified to feel panicked, anxious and upset.

It’s not a matter of patience on our part, it’s a lack of professionalism on theirs.

I agree that everyone is justified to feeling panicked, anxious and upset. It is definitely unprofessional to not keep everyone in the loop of things, especially if they are running behind. I think the difference is that when another entity dictates the 'rules' it can be hard to justify what is/is not fair. Things are subject to change at any point in time. If the program decided that they didn't want to inform anyone till May, I don't see anyone stopping them from doing so. In a perfect world, we expect all that we do be reciprocated in the same manner.

"The problem of expectation occurs when we expect something to happen without good reasons for that expectation. If I believe that my expectations alone will bring me what I want, I am using magical thinking and setting myself up for disappointment. This is really obvious when we are talking about coffee. I can't make a cup of coffee just by thinking it into existence; I have to take the necessary steps to make it happen. I have to grind the beans, put the coffee and water in my coffee maker, and push the button. Just expecting my cup of coffee to appear is delusional.

This is less obvious is when our expectations involve other people. Most of us are sane enough to realize that expecting a cup of coffee to materialize from our thoughts is unrealistic. Yet many of us at some point have mistakenly believed that expecting other people to behave the way we want will actually make them behave that way. One member of a couple might expect the other to make coffee. This is fine and good if the other person is happy to do so. But what happens if the other person has no interest in living up to that expectation? We feel shocked, morally indignant, and resentful. Expectations are premeditated resentments."
 
I think occupying oneself with hobbies or spending time on self-care during the waiting phase and not obsessing over checking emails and forum posts is important to manage stress. It's one of the things that I've read about that have helped many former applicants (myself included). Whatever is going to happen will happen when it happens 😵.. 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻
 
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, qzealand said:

I disagree.

If they expect us to meet all their deadlines and pay fees for a chance to get into their school, then the least that can be done is an email keeping prospective applicants in the loop. It’s as simple as that. Everyone is extremely justified to feel panicked, anxious and upset.

It’s not a matter of patience on our part, it’s a lack of professionalism on theirs.

I agree with you qzealand. While I appreciate Ninja's zen-like perspective and do understand that little will come from complaining, pestering, or frequently checking forums/emails, I am very sure that there are some applicants who would benefit from knowing the program's decision, ASAP. Not only is the programs behavior unprofessional, it displays a terrible sense of ineptitude and character. I'd like a program who will empathize with me and understand the anxiety, frustrations, and expenses that can be accompanied with this "waiting game". 

Do they understand that there are some applicants who need to know ASAP? Is meeting a self-imposed deadline or a simple update too difficult for a university to accomplish? Some applicants may have to choose between reapplying the next cycle and dipping into their already-low-emergency-fund for rent next month. Reapplying would also entail having to potentially sign up for those super expensive and competitive, prerequisite classes which they will have to charge on their credit card and pray that classes will not be filled or that their credit card will be declined. 

There are many things at play here which could contribute to a person's frustrations and that NO ONE should downplay. If you are anxious, upset, or frustrated, your feelings are justified. How one handles these feelings is up to them. Picking hobbies or exercising are certainly great options, but venting on public forums is certainly an option too.

And I have stated in my previous post, even if SMU allows me to enter their program, I will decline. My sole purpose now in checking these forums is because I care for the pre-PA community and am here to empathize with the rejected, the less fortunate, and those in the waiting game. I've been there and it is a horrendous feeling.

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More