2020-2021 Application Cycle

18 hours ago, DTHAI said:

For the people who have been accepted: have you guys received anything other than the phone call?

I received an email with instructions to pay my deposit a few weeks ago. I paid my deposit and I’m working on submitting immunization records. I interviewed in January so I think that’s why everything was sent ahead of everyone else. I think the other early acceptances are a bit delayed in receiving that email. I also received a call from one of the current students from the interview, she told me that if I don’t receive an email so soon not to worry because they are still working on everything. 

On 3/1/2021 at 5:55 PM, JennyPA said:

I wonder if we all got waitlisted and some people who got accepted don’t use this forum? I’m hoping they’re just running behind lol. 

Ok but I do legitimately wonder about this, for all the sub forums of programs I’ve applied to, lol! There’s around 1500-2000 applicants per school per year, and maybe 100 of us participating on here...

(I didn’t even get an interview for SMU, I’m just invested in all of your success now who did)

• Like 2

21 hours ago, DTHAI said:

For the people who have been accepted: have you guys received anything other than the phone call?

I was on the January interview, called two days later... I have received a series of emails... login to the admitted students portal, submitted my deposit and started on the health records, background check, etc. I’m surprised that some of the other accepted students haven’t received anything. 

I interviewed back on 1/30. Congratulations to all those that have been accepted thus far! I thoroughly enjoyed the interview process and I am hoping for some good news. I am trying to remain optimistic, the waiting has certainly been difficult! However, I started my journey towards PA school roughly 9 years ago, so what's another week? lol

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, PhysicianAssistantToBe said:

Tomorrow is the day I think, or today if we’re lucky 😬 I’ve pretty much accepted that they’re probably done sending acceptances, just hoping for a good waitlist position. Good luck everyone. 

From my interview Dr. De Rosa mentioned that acceptance, waitlist, and rejection emails would go out by March 1st. He said a small portion will hear back earlier than that. Which we know are the handful of students selected for early acceptance calls after each interview session. As we know the March 1st deadline wasn't met, but I don't think all acceptances have been sent out (or I'm holding onto hope at the very least...). Currently the accepted facebook group has 28 members out of the 44 seats so that leaves hopefully 16 more spots open for tomorrow! Fingers crossed and good luck to everyone!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

I’m sorry guys! That must be so tough to be stuck in limbo like this. I kinda suspect that most of you will probably end up on the waitlist, but it would be ideal to have some closure and know your # on the list. 

I didn’t get an interview; will be reapplying for the 3rd time soon. Perhaps it might be good in the future for them to state general time periods rather than a set date on these matters. A lot of schools just mention a season or range of months. Even just a quick email of “hey running behind schedule, we’re still working on it!” would be so beneficial. 👍🏼

Edited by alysd
  • Like 1

Guys it’s okay!! I really think there are still spots available. With accreditation and everything else going on in our world, I think there are some other things on their plate. I really do think we will be hearing great news soon 🤩 I definitely don’t think we will all be waitlisted as they have not filled all spots yet to my knowledge. 

Think positive!! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1