2020-2021 Application Cycle

On 9/27/2020 at 2:17 PM, pri25 said:

HI,

does anyone have any interview tips via zoom?

Don't sit up too straight or you will have to commit to excellent posture for 5 hours and be miserable. Most people just use their regular laptop microphone but some use headphones. Please don't ask "How can I succeed in your program or how do you recommend I study?"  I have heard those questions probably 100 times already. Ask relevant questions that you really want to know about their program and not "brownie-point" questions that you think will make you be viewed better. 

In regards to the interview portion, just be yourself. Take a second and think about your answer, have fun, and good luck! 

• Like 2

On 9/27/2020 at 4:06 PM, sallytff said:

My interview is scheduled for Oct 8th, so it seems like interview is still going on! Can anyone talk about the format of the interview? Group or individual or MMI. TIA

It's a group interview, so you'll have 2 other candidates with you at your interview and will be interviewed by 2 faculty members! It's like a typical group interview where they may ask you all the same questions one at a time, or may ask each of you different questions! 

On 9/27/2020 at 4:17 PM, pri25 said:

HI,

does anyone have any interview tips via zoom?

Another tip specifically for this interview, is to try to find your group members and get to know them a little bit and how to pronounce their names before your interview (there is a bit of time where you're allowed to just chat on zoom while you wait). It really helps you feel more comfortable with them, and will help in your interview when you're able to casually reference their names! 

• Like 1

On 9/25/2020 at 8:11 PM, Jess07 said:

For those of you that were accepted, how long after your interview did you find out??

I got the official acceptance email as well! I interviewed on a Thursday and got my acceptance the following Tuesday. 

Good luck everyone!!

Edited by kdelmas
  • Like 1

Recieved an interview invite last night. I withdrew my application as I have been accepted to a January start program. Hurt a little bit because I’m an AZ native and I’m literally apartment searching in another state right now, but timing wise this is the best option for me. Hopefully someone else who deserves it will get the interview. Good luck 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hopefulpa9485 said:

Got waitlisted for an interview. From my discussions with the admissions team last year, it's pretty much a no. It's a great school and program, best of luck to everyone in the process 🙂

Can you expand on this more? Like the did they specifically say that it was it what you inferred?

On 9/22/2020 at 4:31 PM, faithr3 said:

Oh my goodness! I have the accepted student checklist as well!! No call or email either, but wow, so excited!! this is my first interview/acceptance!!! 

On 9/22/2020 at 3:57 PM, aspiringpa222 said:

Just had the accepted student checklist pop up in my portal! Still no call or email though. Based on past years this means I’m accepted right? 

Did you guys end up getting accepted? Thanks! 

On 9/20/2020 at 7:10 PM, fatimaibrahim said:

I’ve been waitlisted at 2 programs and it really helps to send a letter of intent. I can send you a write up example to ur email if u want!! 🙂

I just received the email that I got waitlisted, would you be able to tell me more about the letter of intent please? Thank you so much!! Feel free to send me a message!

On 8/10/2020 at 3:16 PM, Kdrake75 said:

Hey! I'm a current 1st year at MWU and just found out I am going to be a student ambassador for interviews! So I wanted to hop on to see if anyone had been offered interviews yet.  I had a cGPA of 3.3 and sGPA of 3.19 (but my masters was better), but they really look for well rounded people so don't get too hung up on the stats!  Also, a lot of my classmates got in off the wait list! Hope to meet some of you online!

Is the waitlist the same as the alternate list for MWU?